The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks @ Stars, November 19, 2019 -- On the Road Again Edition

Rate this topic

therodigy

5 minutes ago, stawns said:

I think they have a good chance.  Green is an excellent coach, but the players have to be the ones to execute his gameplan.  When they play with energy, we see how effective Greens systems are.  Young, inconsistent players are the issue, not the coaching.  No one should be surprised, this season was always going to be high highs and low lows.

Yes and no. In the end it’s the coaches responsibility to make sure these guys are ready to play. We all have our opinions, and I respect yours, but Green will never coach this team to become a contender. 

• Cheers 2

Just now, ShawnAntoski said:

How about line changes ?

Too difficult to know who your guy is, and WAY too difficult to judge when to get off the ice. I mean when the opposition is coming down centre ice is as good a time as any, right?

9 minutes ago, kilgore said:

Where is that team I saw to start the year where they came out flying on the forecheck every game? Always had the most shots in the first.

I think the truth is that we played some weak teams to start the year.  

Dallas, St Louis and Colorado are cup contenders out of the West for me. 

Just now, NeilColville said:

But do we want a developmental coach ? We have the AHL for that. The NHL is an entertainment business, not a developmental league. We are here to win. I was all aboard the rebuild phase, and we have done a phenomenal job in creating an exciting team, but we need to start producing. It is the coaches job to get this team ready to play. Consistent lacklustre starts isn’t the players fault. The coaches need to take responsibility. 

It's not the coaches job to get players ready to play.  This isn't bantam hockey.......players get themselves ready.......that's what they mean by professional.  My only real complaint is he keeps players together who aren't playing well.  He needs to shake up the top 6, they simply aren't getting the job done in any zone.

1 minute ago, xereau said:

You make your luck in hockey.

Pearson is probably the 1st winger gone in trade, if anyone will even take him.

Team needs a shake up.

Agree.... Hope Gaudette moves in to top six as a winger, once Sutts is back