The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Andrew Scheer stepping down as Conservative Party leader/Which has morphed into the Gun Control thread

Mackcanuck

4 hours ago, Warhippy said:

image.png.e051db024cc07930f49d2094db9d1c00.png

Quite the reach.  

If you even try sharing pro wexit stuff on FB, your account will get blocked for 24 hours for spreading hate speech . Trudeau has said that separation talk is a form of hate speech.

And the recent government gun “buyback” on stuff like AR15s(which haven’t been used in a mass shooting in Canada in 30 years) suggests otherwise. 

And having Greta come here to push the same agenda as the incumbent during an election is a direct example of political interference. 

But in all honesty I don’t care either way.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Standing_Tall#37 said:

If you even try sharing pro wexit stuff on FB, your account will get blocked for 24 hours for spreading hate speech . Trudeau has said that separation talk is a form of hate speech.

And the recent government gun “buyback” on stuff like AR15s(which haven’t been used in a mass shooting in Canada in 30 years) suggests otherwise. 

And having Greta come here to push the same agenda as the incumbent during an election is a direct example of political interference. 

But in all honesty I don’t care either way.

Facebook is a world wide internet platform and there's 4 or 5 major Wexit based groups.  So I'm totally calling that a wellwood

2 hours ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

Aw Stromey, did someone mess with your corn flakes this morning.  

Btw I said his dumb kids.   There is more than one meaning for that statement.   

I'm OK with calling some kids dumb. I mean lets face it, some of them have to be. 

20 minutes ago, Standing_Tall#37 said:

show me your constitutional right to own a gun, and I'll care. 

• Cheers 1

I always vote Conservative... that being said, if he was using party funds for personal usages, it's good that he got the boot.  

I'm more curious about why this is suddenly new "news" after the election.  Why is it that the finance people in the party didn't do anything about this?  And how stupid you got to be to use money in a way you're not supposed to?  I can understand if it was petty cash amount, like him charging a cup of coffee or something, but tuition isn't a small expense.  

Hopefully the CPC will re-invent their image.  While milk and toast may be agreeable to most people, you sometimes need some flash... and JT is the master of minimal substance, but lots of flash.  If the Conservatives can get a candidate that people can get excited about, they may be in for a good run.  

What the CPC don't need is something like this...

Jack+johnson+or+john+jackson+_82016fb5e4ada5eb7eb96deb48e84683.jpg

Edited by Lancaster
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I'm OK with calling some kids dumb. I mean lets face it, some of them have to be. 

Of course kids are dumb. My grand-nephew, for example, can barely speak. He really just grunts. I mean he's not 2 years old yet, but come on man...put a sentence together one of these days. Don't get me started on his bathroom habits, disgusting. 

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

Aw Stromey, did someone mess with your corn flakes this morning.  

Btw I said his dumb kids.   There is more than one meaning for that statement.   

Scheer is dumb but kids don't get to pick their parents. I hate JT with a passion but I have never criticized his kids or wife.

39 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Scheer is dumb but kids don't get to pick their parents. I hate JT with a passion but I have never criticized his kids or wife.

And if you are still taking my comment as a criticism of Scheer's kids, well I've got nothing for ya.  Hope tomorrow's corn flakes are better for ya.

I went to university and have travelled a fair bit.... lived in a few provinces...... so of course i would never vote Conservative Party of Canada .....

Look for Harper to be their next leader....   hopefully you won't puke a bit in your month when you read this......

Edited by kingofsurrey

2 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

I went to university and have travelled a fair bit.... lived in a few provinces...... so of course i would never vote Conservative Party of Canada .....

Look for Harper to be their next leader....   hopefully you won't puke a bit in your month when you read this......

So going to university and traveling a fair bit means not voting cpc? Thanks for the insightful response  

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

When politics reach a point of calling children dumb it shows how sad you are. Anyone on cdc that says that on here can feel free to block me me, ignore me, or not engage me because if you called my kids dumb based on my views you would never say it again.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ryan Strome said:

So going to university and traveling a fair bit means not voting cpc? Thanks for the insightful response  

Yes of course, people with minimal or zero  levels of university education tend to vote conservative......  I thought you would have known that...

Didn't you study that when you attended university...... ?

Edited by kingofsurrey

11 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

show me your constitutional right to own a gun, and I'll care. 

The buy back doesn't make alot of sense though. We'll spend so much money / time / resources while crime will just continue. 

The whole gun debate in Canada is a political topic for the liberials/left wingers to gain support. They try to fool people who don't know guns into thinking its an issue akin to how it is in the United States, then its used as an issue to gain political support. (Just my opinion, & naturally there's grey area involved)

You don't have to care or have sympathy but like any other issue you can't expect leadership that has no clue about something to then carry out a successful/efficient policy on said issue. 

Edited by Smashian Kassian
  • Upvote 1