Canucks Community

[GDT] Habs @ Canucks Dec. 17 7:00 PM Rogers Arena

Rate this topic

-DLC-

1 minute ago, NUCKER67 said:

The Province has the Top 6 as:

Roussel - Horvat - Boeser

Miller - Pettersson - Virtanen

I like it, but who knows if Green will use it. When he line juggles like he does, it looks to me like he's desperate to find something that works.  

that is awful, I think Green should leave the lines alone Jake does better on the 3rd line, when he used the line of Virtanen, Pettersson and Miller  for that one period, it was a disaster

• Wat 1

2 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

I hope he uses it and leaves them for more then a period or two to get some chemistry going. Playing them for a shift or two together is rather pointless IMO.

that doesn't seem to be Greens way. I like him as a coach for the most part but he seems to be too quick to dismantle lines and/or bench certain guys. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, bree2 said:

that is awful, I think Green should leave the lines alone Jake does better on the 3rd line, when he used the line of Virtanen, Pettersson and Miller  for that one period, it was a disaster

Disaster, I think they did OK as Boeser and Virtanen scored in the 3rd, No?

5 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I'd rather see Jake on Bo's LW. Off-wing Jake is something a lot of people on CDC have been calling for, for a very long time. I know we're just a bunch of hacks but Jake looks consistently better on his LW, and granted a lot of players do, but I really think Jake's abilities come alive when he's over there. 

I just don't get people wanting to move Boeser off  the 1st line, both Pettersson and Boeser scored  last game  5v5, if they want to fiddle with  the 2nd line of Bo Leivo and Pearson, then sure, put Jake there

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, bree2 said:

I just don't get people wanting to move Boeser off  the 1st line, both Pettersson and Boeser scored  last game  5v5, if they want to fiddle with  the 2nd line of Bo Leivo and Pearson, then sure, put Jake there

yeah i don't really get splitting up our one actual NHL 1st line quality group. Dunno, maybe Green is feeling job pressure. 

6 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

that doesn't seem to be Greens way. I like him as a coach for the most part but he seems to be too quick to dismantle lines and/or bench certain guys. 

Yes that's my concern as well. Not sure if he identifies guys who are playing great and those that are not. Jake, for example, has shown that he deserves a try on the top PP or O/T or shootout, yet he is never afforded the opportunity.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

Yes that's my concern as well. Not sure if he identifies guys who are playing great and those that are not. Jake, for example, has shown that he deserves a try on the top PP or O/T or shootout, yet he is never afforded the opportunity.

not sure... maybe in practice he's shown he can't finesse the puck? 

I love the idea of Jake on Bo's LW because I think two things would happen - he creates space for Bo to get to the net for rebounds, and Jake just seems to be able to get to scoring areas better. And its not like they need chemistry with each other to do that, Jake just needs to skate to the net. 

5 minutes ago, bree2 said:

BOESER  was on the first when he scored

SCORING SUMMARY
G Per Time Str Team Goal Scorer Assist Assist VAN on Ice VGK on Ice
1 1 2:22 EV VGK 22 N.HOLDEN(3) 26 P.STASTNY(6)   4, 18, 25, 26, 51, 88 5, 7, 22, 26, 29, 89
2 1 4:03 EV VAN 40 E.PETTERSSON(14) 8 C.TANEV(8) 6 B.BOESER(20) 5, 6, 8, 9, 25, 40 3, 19, 29, 71, 81, 88
3 1 9:51 PP VGK 7 V.ZYKOV(1) 67 M.PACIORETTY(18) 27 S.THEODORE(12) 5, 8, 25, 64, 83 7, 26, 27, 29, 61, 67
4 2 4:46 EV VGK 81 J.MARCHESSAULT(10) 19 R.SMITH(13) 71 W.KARLSSON(18) 6, 8, 9, 25, 40, 43 15, 19, 27, 29, 71, 81
5 2 9:16 EV VGK 61 M.STONE(12) 67 M.PACIORETTY(19) 27 S.THEODORE(13) 17, 25, 43, 53, 57, 70 15, 20, 27, 29, 61, 67
6 3 5:02 EV VAN 6 B.BOESER(12) 43 Q.HUGHES(24) 26 A.ROUSSEL(1) 6, 25, 26, 43, 53, 57 3, 5, 7, 26, 29, 61
7 3 10:49 EV VGK 67 M.PACIORETTY(14) 61 M.STONE(18) 5 D.ENGELLAND(4) 20, 25, 43, 57, 70, 88 5, 20, 22, 29, 61, 67
8 3 17:24 PP VAN 18 J.VIRTANEN(9) 57 T.MYERS(6) 70 T.PEARSON(13) 17, 18, 57, 70, 75, 88 15, 22, 26, 29, 92
9 3 19:18 PP VGK 67 M.PACIORETTY(15) 27 S.THEODORE(14) 20 C.STEPHENSON(3) 4, 20, 57, 70, 75

15, 19, 20, 27, 29, 67

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, bree2 said:

green is trying to create more scoring through out the line up. that is why he is trying different combos. we just want everything he does to work. he tries things until he is happy with lines, both offensively and defesively.

• Cheers 3

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

not sure... maybe in practice he's shown he can't finesse the puck? 

I love the idea of Jake on Bo's LW because I think two things would happen - he creates space for Bo to get to the net for rebounds, and Jake just seems to be able to get to scoring areas better. And its not like they need chemistry with each other to do that, Jake just needs to skate to the net. 

Jake has shown on a lot of his goals that he can beat the goalie "One on One" when given the opportunity. He can also score off the rush and "power forward" his way to the net. Not to mention his speed. Yet, he is bypassed in many different situations by players such as Leivo and Pearson. Go figure.

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, qwijibo said:

Montreal still missing Drouin, Kotkaniemi, Byron, Mete.  

They have the 27th ranked Penalty kill but tend to play a disciplined game.  They rank 27 in penalties taken and 30th in penalties drawn. 

if Vancouver can get Montreal to take a few penalties they stand a good chance of winning. 

With the refereeing we’ve seen lately ..  it’s a crap shoot.

• Cheers 1