The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jacob Markstrom is going to the ASG

Rate this topic

HerrDrFunk

Just now, coastal.view said:

but miller really deserves to be there as well

anyway we can get him there ???

Says a lot about our depth this year that we conceivably have two guys in Miller and Boeser that could have been considered for the All Star Game as well. 

The conspiracy theorist inside me wonders if Pacioretty is going to be gifted the Last Man In spot in the pacific now, seeing as Vegas doesn't have any representation without Fleury. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Says a lot about our depth this year that we conceivably have two guys in Miller and Boeser that could have been considered for the All Star Game as well. 

The conspiracy theorist inside me wonders if Pacioretty is going to be gifted the Last Man In spot in the pacific now, seeing as Vegas doesn't have any representation without Fleury. 

That’s probably the case, but regardless, I am voting for QH hardcore.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

That would be totally unfair to the the players in this division gaining votes 

but that being said  it is absolutely expected because bettman has to have his shinny new toy at the all star game 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Well Pacioretty does have more points currently than Miller (he has played several more games though) so it's not like he's that inferior to Miller's offensively (if that).

Just now, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Well Pacioretty does have more points currently than Miller (he has played several more games though) so it's not like he's that inferior to Miller's offensively (if that).

It's supposed to be a fan vote though, and although we'll never see the actual numbers, there's every indication that Hughes should be the frontrunner. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

It's supposed to be a fan vote though, and although we'll never see the actual numbers, there's every indication that Hughes should be the frontrunner. 

Yeah I was only responding to the issue of Miller vs Pacioretty.  I'd actually put in Hughes over Gio (even though the later just won the Norris the previous season).  Allstar games are for players with offensive skills to showcase.  That's Hughes.  But, I hate any stinkin' Flames players LOL.