The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Kings trade Jack Campbell, Kyle Clifford to Maple Leafs for Trevor Moore, 2020 3rd-round pick, conditional 2021 3rd-round pick

1 hour ago, John McClane said:

My eyes just couldn’t believe this trade, when I saw it this morning. I ran downstairs, turned on the TV too find out more. I was then further shocked to find out that TSN had only dedicated 35 minutes of there hour long sports highlight package to dissect this trade. 

Come on TSN, don’t you realize that the Cup is now coming Back To Toronto????

#Blockbuster. 

Toronto is the biggest market in Canada. TSN is a business. Obviously they are going to cater to their customers. They'd be stupid not to.

Its a business. That's what businesses do. They serve their customers. 

If they talked about the Saskatoon Blades 3 hours a day they would go bankrupt. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, WHL rocks said:

Toronto is the biggest market in Canada. TSN is a business. Obviously they are going to cater to their customers. They'd be stupid not to.

Its a business. That's what businesses do. They serve their customers. 

If they talked about the Saskatoon Blades 3 hours a day they would go bankrupt. 

And yet when Vancouver makes a move, the local media scrutinizes it for a week digging up all the "advanced stats" that go against whatever additions we make.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, gizmo2337 said:

Never underestimate the power of the Leafs to bust a player!!!   I predict two mediocre players turning to busts with their new team. 

If the Leafs wanted to make a proper move, they'd ship out Nylander for a top dman IMO. Since they refuse to do that, they will continue to be exposed on D  (and another early exit in the playoffs).

Their best trade chip was Kadri and they traded him for a one year rental dman and a player in Kerfoot that isn't that difficult to sign. I don't get why Dubas gets any credit. 

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, The Great 8 said:

I don’t think people realize that the leafs have allowed more goals than the kings this year and have allowed the 3rd most goals in the league. Campbell barely posted a .900 save % on a better defensive team I doubt he’ll be much help. They need two way forwards and defensive defencemen.

So they need someone like Sutter, LE and Benn.

Hmm...

:bigblush:

18 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Not at all. Its fair value.  LA retaines 50% Clifford's salary. Hes a rugged winger has a Stanley Cup ring and exactly what the Leafs need.

Cambell is a very good backup. He hasn't had a great year because LA sucks and he had no goal support in LA. He'll get that in spades in TML.

Last year 31 games 2.29 GSA .928 SV%

Those are great numbers. Can't get much better than that. 

And he's signed to a very good contract. Only 1.65 mill for 3 seasons.

Great trade very fair value. 

LA is probably better defensively than Toronto. It’s at best a wash in that sense. 

14 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Not at all. Its fair value.  LA retaines 50% Clifford's salary. Hes a rugged winger has a Stanley Cup ring and exactly what the Leafs need.

Cambell is a very good backup. He hasn't had a great year because LA sucks and he had no goal support in LA. He'll get that in spades in TML.

Last year 31 games 2.29 GSA .928 SV%

Those are great numbers. Can't get much better than that. 

And he's signed to a very good contract. Only 1.65 mill for 3 seasons.

Great trade very fair value. 

Clifford is hardly an upgrade on Moore when considering Moore is signed to another year and Clifford is a rental. To me that is basically a wash, meaning the Leafs gave up a 3rd and either a 2nd/3rd for a back up goalie. Campbell may not have had goal support in LA, but now he doesn't have any defence support in Toronto which will affect his overall numbers more. I will concede that I think he has better upside than his numbers show this year, but that is too high a price for a back up goalie.

They were more or less forced into this trade as they are in such a bad cap position for next year that they need to go all in to get in the playoffs this year so its not a terrible trade for them, I just think the Kings got better value out of it. 

1 hour ago, Gawdzukes said:

Beautiful. Miss the the playoffs and re-sign Clifford. Normally you would think a Canucks fan should not want their division opponent to get the better deal but in this case it's just too it would be too delicious to watch Dumbas and the loafs fail again.

My Leafs hate def trumps any feelings I have toward LA

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, rekker said:

Their best trade chip was Kadri and they traded him for a one year rental dman and a player in Kerfoot that isn't that difficult to sign. I don't get why Dubas gets any credit. 

Kerfluff will disappear in the playoffs again, I'm sure that was an easy decision for COL. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Sean Monahan said:

LA is probably better defensively than Toronto. It’s at best a wash in that sense. 

Thats right. Toronto has 2nd most goals in league LA has 2nd least 

GF TML 194 LA 133 

GA TML  181 LA 171

GF + 61 goals for Leafs.

GA only 10 goal difference. 

That's why i say Campbell will get goal support in Toronto and put up more wins. He'll play a much better game in Toronto and his record will show. 

Just now, PhillipBlunt said:

Oh. Didn't know that Ceci was injured. Isn't Ceci supposed to be really overrated?

oh for sure he is, but at this point the Leaves have already raided the Marlies and can't tread water. 

Makes me wonder if Benning will consider retaining 1/2 on Stecher or Benn, either would be a nice boost for TO.

Just now, Jimmy McGill said:

oh for sure he is, but at this point the Leaves have already raided the Marlies and can't tread water. 

Makes me wonder if Benning will consider retaining 1/2 on Stecher or Benn, either would be a nice boost for TO.

I could see him doing something. Benn isn't playing at all, and that has to burn Benning's hide a tad. Stecher, for as much heart as he has, will eventually need to move on to make way for defensemen ascending from Utica, and possibly one coming from Russia this spring.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1