The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Preds @ Nucks Feb 10 2020 - 7pm Pacific - SNET

Rate this topic

xereau

8 minutes ago, 1-d said:

Is it too much to ask to play at least as half decent in our zone, as they do in the offensive zone?

Yes it is haha 

Actually there was a very revealing short interview the other day, between periods that I didn't see anyone talk about.  
I can't remember the exact player (it was either a Bruin or a Wild player) but they essentially said "It's no secret that Vancouver is a very dangerous team in the offensive zone and ...  not as good in the defensive zone, so we just tried to keep the puck in their zone"  

Edit: implying that it's the book on the Canucks...  and we've seen it lots of times this year where it looks like we can't get the puck out of our zone for what seems like an eternity. 

Edited by VancouverHabitant

1 minute ago, kilgore said:

Okay, one period left, up by 3, lets see what hat-trick Bailey can do without scrubs like Beagle and Eriksson. Please.

LE had more puck winning/defending interactions than most defenders in 2nd. (is Benn still in the arena?!) i'm not defending him. it is what it is. but sure, Bailey should get more ice time. 

Just now, Alflives said:

I thought 60 points was doable for Huggy before the season started.  But he just keeps getting better and better.  He might surpass 70 pints, which is crazy phenomenal 

I mean wow right? And the kid shows zero signs of leveling out. I mean, franchise defenseman.  

I absolutely jumped up and down when we got him in the draft. Was listening at work and had to take a break I was so excited, but this is even more than i expected.  Absolute steal of a pick.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 1-d said:

Thankfully we escaped the 2nd with 3 goal lead, yet again playing horrible defence and donating scoring chances a ton.

Benning has no other option to give Marky what he wants, if this shot bleeding D continues.

I don't think I could deal with losing Markstrom in the off season...  he's our MVP this year