The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Ducks @ Nucks - Feb 16 2020 - 2pm Pacific - AFTERNOON GAME - SNET

Rate this topic

xereau

2 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, and I might be because their replays suck....  

Myers just went over and punched Jones, so he technically instigated it and could've been looking at a game misconduct...  

As far as your second point, no idea why someone else didn't jump in...  

Fair point...as to others on here this how you respond to a point that could be flawed or seen from another perspective. Thanks @VancouverHabitant I didn’t think of it that way but you aren’t completely wrong. I still think one duck getting in between should be enough but you are correct about a possible instigator on the initial conflict. 

3 minutes ago, Amebushi said:

Myers went after Jones, then intercepted by Silferberg. While engaging him he is jumped by Manson...Throwing punches. How many guys are allowed to go after one of ours?  The hit on Petey wasn’t terrible but I disagree with perfectly legal. 

I still don't know why Jones was holding his eye though...  Myers definitely either punched him or hit him with a stick?  

I don't know man, I'm so sick and tired of the lack of replays when anything like this happens.  It's like all the sports channels got a memo from the NHL to stop replaying fights, hits or anything else that might look remotely dirty.  

Just now, The 5th Line said:

Yeah and what'd ya see?  Myers bear hugging Silfverberg while silfverberg left his gloves on and wanted no part, then manson came flying in to take on Myers.  So again, explain to me how it was third man in?  Jones had nothing to do with any of the third man in stuff... not sure where you get that from

Correct... it was Manson who was third man in...

I repeat... Myers crosschecked Jones (i think it was) Silferberg came in and ended in a bear hug with Myers and Manson came flying in. Have a look yourself

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

Might be the right time to go public given all the heat the league's taking right now for the corruption.

Something HAS to be done on this one. I seriously can't believe it. Officials have been given way to much leeway,  and they haven't used it properly for years. 

• Thanks 1