The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Canucks interested in Tyson Barrie

brian42

1 minute ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

Well if we sign Barrie and Hamonic they would offset each other nicely.  Petro should be the number one priority however the following is not bad at all:

Hughes Myers

Edler Barrie

Joulevi Hamonic

At the end of the day, that looks pretty good.

Some times it does not seem clear at outset what the day will bring . 
Barrie will bring pick moving out of zone 

trade off: he is below average Defender ( maybe staff can improve upon this ?)

sign another cheap D who does play D to short term or show me  to complement this signing if it happens.

1 minute ago, bobbyg43 said:

Some times it does not seem clear at outset what the day will bring . 
Barrie will bring pick moving out of zone 

trade off: he is below average Defender ( maybe staff can improve upon this ?)

sign another cheap D who does play D to short term or show me  to complement this signing if it happens.

If our “staff” is Baumer then expect zero improvement 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

Well if we sign Barrie and Hamonic they would offset each other nicely.  Petro should be the number one priority however the following is not bad at all:

Hughes Myers

Edler Barrie

Joulevi Hamonic

This is what I would like to see us end up with. Barrie 4m Hamonic 2.75m, 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

That's the most relieving thing I've heard this morning that wasn't my coffee timer going off

Sounds like the Canucks want 2 years in these deals. They were rumored to offer 2 years to Tanev.

The advantage the Canucks have on D is that they can protect any defenseman they bring in since Hughes's exempt from the draft.

8 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

That's the most relieving thing I've heard this morning that wasn't my coffee timer going off

Yup!! JB must have some restraints on him or something...I am very thankful that we didn't go crazy this off season, we do need to improve the D still and 1 skilled top 6 and a top 9 F would be nice. Maybe we can get a few 1-2yr cheap contracts for below value

8 minutes ago, Virtanen#18 said:

We gotta get Barrie to help our right side plus PP... We let go Tanev and possibly Stecher too.... Only a Barrie signing would give the fans hope again!! 

I think they wanted to add a PMD over retaining Tanev, not many left so let's see what happens...

I am not a huge fan of bringing in Barrie but at 2-years between $4-5M, I think that would be fair.  Despite his defensive shortcomings, Barrie is very talented and would give the Canucks another Dman who can move the puck up in different ways which will be important.  I assume Barrie wouldn't be partnered with Hughes however, so I wonder what the Canucks have in mind for Hughes.  I suppose Hughes could play with Myers and Edler with Barrie but I would be surprised if they went with a rookie pairing for Juolevi and Rafferty (if they don't re-sign anyone else).  I'm very, very curious if they might be close to completing a trade that would free up some additional cap space and/or bring in a Dman on top of pursuing Barrie.

Just now, 10pavelbure96 said:

Oh I see, age restrictions I guess? I dont know much about the expansion draft 

Yeah Hughes is exempt. And I would protect OJ but other then that lots of options back there. We are looking really good for the expansion draft in that regard 

• Cheers 1