The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Ducks trade Ondrej Kase to Bruins for David Backes, Axel Andersson, 2020 1st-round pick

2 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

The 2021 2nd would be hopefully a high second, and Lind is expendable if we sign Toffoli as we have Boeser, Toffoli, Virtanen, and Podkolzin ahead of him + he is eligable for ED.

Lind is probably going to be better than any player they get out of a deal like that.  I know it's the "trendy" thing to do, but I can't think of a more ridiculous thing for JB to do.  

Ride it out and keep.the pick(s) and prospect.

2 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

Yeah I will be crossing my fingers as much as the next guy, but if they keep adding pieces it doesn't see that likely. (they have alot of playoff experience on that team and could get an easy draw in first round like Toronto)

They’re also relying on old players to play an awful lot of hockey after a run to game 7 of the Cup last year. I mean a first round exit doesn’t seem likely but seeing so many people call them Cup favorites because they’ve had a successful regular season seems like a major stretch. 

1 minute ago, stawns said:

Lind is probably going to be better than any player they get out of a deal like that.  I know it's the "trendy" thing to do, but I can't think of a more ridiculous thing for JB to do.  

Ride it out and keep.the pick(s) and prospect.

Doesn't matter if he can never crack the Canucks lineup. I think we will eventually have to trade either Virtanen or Lind for some help on RD. Our biggest needs are RD and cap space if we can improve both in one transaction it makes the most sense to me. 

2 minutes ago, drdeath said:

They’re also relying on old players to play an awful lot of hockey after a run to game 7 of the Cup last year. I mean a first round exit doesn’t seem likely but seeing so many people call them Cup favorites because they’ve had a successful regular season seems like a major stretch. 

As much as I hate them to my core, Bergeron is very good come playoff time, Rask is looking good this year, and Pasta is having an MVP caliber year. 

1 minute ago, Bure_Pavel said:

Doesn't matter if he can never crack the Canucks lineup. I think we will eventually have to trade either Virtanen or Lind for some help on RD. Our biggest needs are RD and cap space if we can improve both in one transaction it makes the most sense to me. 

Why would they have to trade Lind or Virt?  like Kind can play bottom 6 or top 6, he's very versatile.......I'm pretty sure they can, and will, find a spot for him.

JB knows what he's doing

Just now, stawns said:

Why would they have to trade Lind or Virt?  like Kind can play bottom 6 or top 6, he's very versatile.......I'm pretty sure they can, and will, find a spot for him.

JB knows what he's doing

Lind I dont see as being a fit on the fourth line, more top 9. He would have to pass two of Boeser, Toffoli, Podkolzin, and Virtanen imo, with the assumption we resign Toffoli which might not happen. Green has been very reluctant to play scoring winger on their off side as well. 

Just now, Bure_Pavel said:

Lind I dont see as being a fit on the fourth line, more top 9. He would have to pass two of Boeser, Toffoli, Podkolzin, and Virtanen imo, with the assumption we resign Toffoli which might not happen. Green has been very reluctant to play scoring winger on their off side as well. 

I think you don't know much about Lind

1 hour ago, VegasCanuck said:

Let's just really encourage him to retire after his bonus this summer and problem solved :)

I made a perfectly reasonable proposal for how to make this happen in my status update but I have yet to receive any $20 bills from cdc members.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, VforVirtanen said:

I made a perfectly reasonable proposal for how to make this happen in my status update but I have yet to receive any $20 bills from cdc members.

twenty-dollar-2-1600x764.jpg

It'll be a great day when Canada grows a set and removes the archaic monarch from their money.

• Huggy Bear 1

People here are saying this is the cost to get rid of Loui, but remember, this is also Boston acquiring Kase.  He's not exactly just a player dump... he's an actual legit player that in the right circumstances would be a Top 6 forward. 

If Boston received a 4th line plug back, the cost wouldn't have been nearly as expensive.

• Cheers 2

Just now, HKSR said:

People here are saying this is the cost to get rid of Loui, but remember, this is also Boston acquiring Kase.  He's not exactly just a player dump... he's an actual legit player that in the right circumstances would be a Top 6 forward. 

If Boston received a 4th line plug back, the cost wouldn't have been nearly as expensive.

This, and Backes has a year less remaining. Also, it's up for discussion but imho Backes offers more as a player than Loui.

• Cheers 1