The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Bruins @ Nucks - Feb 22 2020 - 7pm Pacific - HNIC EDITION

Rate this topic

xereau

31 minutes ago, Alflives said:

The player that needs to get focused is Marky.  I don’t care if JB shut down contract talks.  Duck it up and play good.  

I really don't think you understand why they have decided to wait until the end of the season and who all made that decision...you're are twisting it / turning it into something it is not!!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Well “champ” if you follow the game teams that retaliate often get offsetting calls because there is a code that allows for some one ice patrolling. You may have noticed it last week when Myers was rag dolled. Many people felt there would be an instigator and I said right away it will be evened up

in instances where there is a minor penalty teams kill it and come back mad, cohesive and stronger as a team 

the fact that you endorse turning the other cheek explains a lot about you and your love of Green. Peas in a pod 

pansy approach get you beaten ... like a pansy 

so  did I say I don't like tough hockey ,no I didn't  ,  I rather have big zack playing , I rather have a team to initiating hits  ,    yep that play on Myers  there should be a third man in  but if it was a canuck doing that you bet it would of been an extra 2

,   so what about miller fighting MT    so did green tell miller go out there and fight ,   what about jake fighting  did green  make jake fight all of a sudden?   the answer is no because the players make that decision on whether to throw down or not  , not the coach   ,  so do I like everything green does as a coach no , but to say green is stopping the players from playing tough isn't true  

1 hour ago, nuck-lifer said:

I wonder what fans would appreciate more.

Losing , but not taking crap from the Bruins. This includes drawing a few retaliation penalties but standing up for your mates.

or Winning by scoring on the PP , and not retaliating to a cheap hit or 2

hmmm... should take a poll.

That is an excellent question.

I myself, would love to see a Canuck smash ratface marchand's face into the boards very hard.  It would be a toss up for me if I would prefer the win.  Hmmm....

11 minutes ago, the grinder said:

so  did I say I don't like tough hockey ,no I didn't  ,  I rather have big zack playing , I rather have a team to initiating hits  ,    yep that play on Myers  there should be a third man in  but if it was a canuck doing that you bet it would of been an extra 2

,   so what about miller fighting MT    so did green tell miller go out there and fight ,   what about jake fighting  did green  make jake fight all of a sudden?   the answer is no because the players make that decision on whether to throw down or not  , not the coach   ,  so do I like everything green does as a coach no , but to say green is stopping the players from playing tough isn't true  

Green has specifically said he does not want his players responding 

last year when we were out of it “he wanted to play for the 2 points and not risk a penalty for standing up” 

that is my beef, you can’t be soft. You come close to McJesus the Oilers attack. We just let EP get taken advantage of and we watch it happen with zero response. What type of “team” is that? 

if you think the coach does not have a say in that you are dead wrong 

not dressing McEwen just gives more insight into the style of team Green wants .... and it’s soft as butter 

Edited by canuck2288

1 minute ago, canuck2288 said:

Green has specifically said he does not want his players responding 

when last year when we were out of it “he wanted to play for the 2 points and not risk a penalty for standing up” 

that is my beef, you can’t be soft. You come close to McJesus the Oilers attack. We just let EP get taken advantage of and we watch it happen with zero response. What type of “team” is that? 

if you think the coach does not have a say in that you are dead wrong 

not dressing McEwen just gives more insight into the style of team Green wants .... and it’s soft as butter 

so when miller fought Mt , I guess miller was benched for fighting  then  .  or when myers engages the guy that hit petey   and gets attacked from behind then ragdolled  ( which should be a 3rd man in because manson was throwing punches )  or jake , pearson fighting ,  let get simmons he will fix everything then  :towel:

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

If it was a beating, I’d agree with you. Just so happens that you’re wrong. 

Myers was tied up with Silvferberg at the time, when Manson, taking advantage of that very situation grabbed him, throwing him off balance and delivering a cheap shot. 

Now if Manson got in between Myers and Silvferberg and then squared up with Myers properly and honorably, and then beat him, you could call it a beating. However that’s not what happened. Not even close. 

just stop

your logic has no place in a good fantasy

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, Googlie said:

And Trump doesnt want to hear that Russia is intervening in the US elections.  Join him in the bubble of "alternate facts"

Fine if you want to assume he's a great PKer/ selke candidate but he's not being put on a defensive line but a scoring line.  He scores less than I do on a weekend and I have no game.