The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Toronto Maple Leafs | Feb. 29, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Markstrom’s new contract just got a lot bigger.  He’s gonna be asking $8 million plus.  If the Canucks miss the playoffs Benning may have no choice but to pay him what he wants...

I doubt that. Cons of not being able to pay everyone else, like our young stars, outweigh immensely.

He'll probably sign much less anyway like 5-6

• Cheers 1

As far as looking for silver linings, that building was loud when the Canucks scored. Louder than some teams home barns. Obviously not the majority but a more than sizeable portion. So next time some Torontodyte prances around talking about how Laffs fans take over Rogers Arena, they can go pound sand.

• Cheers 1

Just now, sassbs said:

My first game!  Awesome experience.   Lots of Canucks fans!  

disgusted by the Canucks.  Honestly, Demko makes me nervous like a whore in church!  
He made a few nice saves, but a few soft goals and it doesn’t matter.   Markstrom in net and we win the game. And there lies the problem.   Relying on markstrom to win games.

where the hell was petterson?  I did not notice him all game!  He had one nice rush which led to a penalty which led to NOTHING!!!!

the only fwd that I was loving was Tyler motte!  He was everywhere.  

And enough with green!   2 min left pulls the goalie against a team like toronto.   Why not,and this is a real crazy idea... why not just mix the lines up.  Maybe put tafoli with Pearson and horvat!?  

this team did not play with any urgency whatsoever.   There may have been a few nice plays but honestly after ottawa, I thought they would for sure come on gunning on all lines.  For playoffs sake!  

ffs damn beers cost me $21 wtf!?  Bag of popcorn sure, $12!!  F U Toronto! 

worst part is, when Vancouver loses at home, everyone just curses and goes on their merry way.   Van looses in Toronto, I have to face everyone !!  Friends co workers stranger on the street.   Oh the humanity!!!!!!

im done!  Bye....  

Hope you had fun. Hopefully the next time the Canucks are in Toronto they can give you a better experience.

1 minute ago, janisahockeynut said:

They did not work hard Coastal

They did not out work the other team

Yes Demko is partly responsible

but so are the others

that is silly

the rest of the team played to a pro level

demko did not

that impacts team mates

i almost without fail

do not pin a loss on one individual

but would be blind to not see what happened this game

team was ok

goalie was not

2 minutes ago, sassbs said:

My first game!  Awesome experience.   Lots of Canucks fans!  

disgusted by the Canucks.  Honestly, Demko makes me nervous like a whore in church!  
He made a few nice saves, but a few soft goals and it doesn’t matter.   Markstrom in net and we win the game. And there lies the problem.   Relying on markstrom to win games.

where the hell was petterson?  I did not notice him all game!  He had one nice rush which led to a penalty which led to NOTHING!!!!

the only fwd that I was loving was Tyler motte!  He was everywhere.  

And enough with green!   2 min left pulls the goalie against a team like toronto.   Why not,and this is a real crazy idea... why not just mix the lines up.  Maybe put tafoli with Pearson and horvat!?  

this team did not play with any urgency whatsoever.   There may have been a few nice plays but honestly after ottawa, I thought they would for sure come on gunning on all lines.  For playoffs sake!  

ffs damn beers cost me $21 wtf!?  Bag of popcorn sure, $12!!  F U Toronto! 

worst part is, when Vancouver loses at home, everyone just curses and goes on their merry way.   Van looses in Toronto, I have to face everyone !!  Friends co workers stranger on the street.   Oh the humanity!!!!!!

im done!  Bye....  

amen

nicely put

a bit innovative

but i get the point

Just now, Junkyard Dog said:

Hope you had fun. Hopefully the next time the Canucks are in Toronto they can give you a better experience.

I did have fun.  I like Toronto’s DJ.  Off camera he was throwing down some serious beats!

A1B3C234-3AEE-4E61-BC9A-4414A47111AA.jpeg

5D509BD7-8772-4655-AD76-D3E5289D0A0B.jpeg

• Cheers 4

1 hour ago, Junkyard Dog said:

I didn't like how Marincin just walked by Hughes/Tanev to pot in an easy one from Demko. It's Demko's fault but Hughes/Tanev let a Dman walk by them without getting in his way or impeding him, it wasn't good D.

I noticed this a lot this and last game.  The D skating backwards allowing the forwards time and space, like they were intimidated or afraid to hit them.

Imagine if Edler just stopped and braced himself.  Tavares/Matthews/Marner etc would shatter against him.  We need our D to actually impose their will and protect their zone.  Not give opposing forwards space

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Did you notice any on ice adjustments?

What were they? 

I find it hilarious that someone who boasts about playing the game at a high level thinks Green is sitting behind the bench twiddling his thumbs. Laughable at best. 

It’s gonna be a grind until the end of the season. Things got harder when Marky went down. Hopefully Green can make the adjustments but it’s looking more and more like they aren’t gonna be able to

gain ground with their games in hand. March is going to be a stressful month.

1 hour ago, canuck2288 said:

The people attacking those who speak up against Green are violating forum rules 

grow up 

it’s a forum and not everyone drinks the Green kool aid 

anyone that attacks a poster will be reported and that can only hope the mod does their job 

Nerd

1 minute ago, coastal.view said:

that is silly

the rest of the team played to a pro level

demko did not

that impacts team mates

i almost without fail

do not pin a loss on one individual

but would be blind to not see what happened this game

team was ok

goalie was not

You are missing the point Coastal

Look Mathews goal ……..there should have been someone with him, and forced him into the corner

The 2nd goal...was mostly on Demko

The 3rd goal hit the post and came back out, and the player grabbed the rebound or neutralized the player who scored....why wasn't he taken?

Maybe I am wrong, but my expectations are that you don't let the 3rd highest goal scorer in the league shoot

Period....The best against a back up with 34ish total games played.....

No Coastal you are wrong...there were lots of missed assignments on those goals

Demko made some good saves too......not saying he gets a pass....

The point about the Zamboni Driver was the commitment of the players in front of him...….

Read my other posts...………...self explains responsibilities by others

3 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

I find it hilarious that someone who boasts about playing the game at a high level thinks Green is sitting behind the bench twiddling his thumbs. Laughable at best. 

I don’t think Green is twiddling his thumbs, he’s to busy turning cheeks.

45 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Not disagreeing, just stating past circumstances of a tight playoff race and a goalie playing at a Vezina level.

Unfortunately here in the present there's still a tight playoff race and now we're without that Vezina level tending.

I’m don’t mind if you disagree. I learn from different opinions. 

28 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

This league employs a vile old boys club of officials who purposely steer and manage games based on direction from their little weasel on high. 

879453728_Bettmangiff.gif.a734642ae9ac17af85b6f6bf873cbb81.gif "you talkin' to me"

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1