The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Top 50 Canucks of All-Time - #11

Rate this topic

-AJ-

Top 50 Canucks of All-Time - #11  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the #11 Canuck of All-Time?

• T. Bertuzzi
    • M. Ohlund
    • R. Kesler
    • A. Burrows
    • T. Tanti
    • B. Morrison
    • J. Lumme
    • D. Lever
    • K. Bieksa
    • R. Brodeur

This poll is closed to new votes

The top 10 is complete! Edler rounds out the top 10 as the only currently active Canuck to make the list so far. @Kevin Biestra, the ultimate Brodeur fan will be happy to hear that Richard Brodeur finally won the nomination game and was added to the voting options.

Reminder to both vote and nominate another player to be added as a voting option!

For those of you who haven't seen these kinds of polls before, the way they work is you vote for who you think is the greatest/top Canuck at the position. As for what is meant by "Greatest" or "Top", I will leave that to each individual. I have my own interpretations, but others may define it differently. Worth noting, that I do want to keep this to their tenures with Vancouver and as players, thus a player like Neely would only be considered for his Vancouver time and guys like Quinn and Crawford would only be considered for their playing careers, not their coaching careers.

The List:

#1 - H. Sedin

#2 - D. Sedin

#3 - T. Linden

#4 - P. Bure

#5 - M. Naslund

#6 - S. Smyl

#7 - R. Luongo

#8 - K. McLean

#9 - T. Gradin

#10 - A. Edler

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 2

We still gots to get some fine players on this here ballot before these kids go ahead and nominate Del Zotto and Megna.

Andre Boudrias

Orland Kurtenbach

Doug Lidster

Tiger Williams

Cliff Ronning

Gino Odjick

Petri Skriko

Dennis Kearns

Gary Smith

Dave Babych

etc.

By the way, look at King Richard go!  Just like the old days, all you have to do is get him into the show and the magic happens.

tenor.gif

Edited by Kevin Biestra
  • Cheers 1

jirke lumme - such a smooth dman - go watch the 94 run if you forget how good he was

nominating - andre boudrias

(my first venture into this poll and i note the lack of dmen so far)

edit: ps - is it completely inappropriate to nominate shane churla's noggin at some point?

Edited by coastal.view

3 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

Lumme

Hughes is the best D the Canucks have ever had.  Not exaggerating.  Nominate, it's time

He's looking like he might be, but he's not even sniffing the top 40 yet IMO. One season won't get it done over guys who've played 500 games for this franchise. If we do this list again in 10 years though, Hughes could feasibly be top 10.

17 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

He's looking like he might be, but he's not even sniffing the top 40 yet IMO. One season won't get it done over guys who've played 500 games for this franchise. If we do this list again in 10 years though, Hughes could feasibly be top 10.

I thought I'd put Hughes out there because I think there is a tendency for people look back more and forget at the supreme talent that is in front of their nose.  My last nomination was Boudrias because a lot of fans aren't old enough to remember the older stars either.  That's kind of my perspective on this anyways.  My nomination is kind of a reminder to people.  

Great idea for a series of threads btw AJ

• Cheers 1