The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Top 50 Canucks of All-Time - #27

Rate this topic

-AJ-

Top 50 Canucks of All-Time - #27  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the #27 Canuck of All-Time?

• E. Jovanvoski
    • D. Kearns
    • G. Adams
    • C. Tanev
    • P. Sundstrom
    • G. Odjick
    • B. Horvat
    • P. Skriko
    • G. Courtnall
    • D. Babych

This poll is closed to new votes

Lever takes home the mantle for #26, but not without a bit of contention from Jovavovski and Kearns further back.

Babych and Kurtenbach tied with five nominations each, so I went to the random number generator to determine the victor, where Dave Babych came out on top. I think the 'stache gave him an edge. Babych was added as a voting option.

Reminder to both vote and nominate another player to be added as a voting option!

For those of you who haven't seen these kinds of polls before, the way they work is you vote for who you think is the greatest/top Canuck at the position. As for what is meant by "Greatest" or "Top", I will leave that to each individual. I have my own interpretations, but others may define it differently. Worth noting, that I do want to keep this to their tenures with Vancouver and as players, thus a player like Neely would only be considered for his Vancouver time and guys like Quinn and Crawford would only be considered for their playing careers, not their coaching careers.

The List:

#1 - H. Sedin

#2 - D. Sedin

#3 - T. Linden

#4 - P. Bure

#5 - M. Naslund

#6 - S. Smyl

#7 - R. Luongo

#8 - K. McLean

#9 - T. Gradin

#10 - A. Edler

-------------------

#11 - T. Bertuzzi

#12 - M. Ohlund

#13 - R. Brodeur

#14 - A. Burrows

#15 - R. Kesler

#16 - H. Snepsts

#17 - T. Tanti

#18 - A. Mogilny

#19 - J. Lumme

#20 - S. Salo

-------------------

#21 - B. Morrison

#22 - A. Boudrias

#23 - D. Lidster

#24 - K. Bieksa

#25 - C. Ronning

#26 - D. Lever

• Like 2
  • Vintage 1

I press on in voting for Kearns. He keeps getting support, but never quite enough.

It seems I have finally entered the minority in my nomination of Rota. It was inevitable that I'd have some guy from the 70s or 80s below most other people, but I do feel that Rota's time in Vancouver is being overlooked too much.

• Like 2

Kearns

Now, continuing my Hansen campaign..

Hansen is 20th in games played amongst Canucks, ahead of a few guys who've made it in

He's also 32nd in total points amongst Canucks, impressive given he played mostly a bottom 6/top 9 role 

He was one of the few players we've had over the last decade that you could count on to give his all game in and game out, he didn't take games off

Seriously, Burrows gets a lot of love but Hansen was right there with him as a heart and soul player 

Don't sleep on the honey badger!

image.png.9ee2fb03fb9e051ae3fb5bb97130157a.png

image.thumb.png.6d37f8abe8efbd8e18c939f20b6fea0a.png

Trollin Dion

GIF: Jannik Hansen trolls Dion Phaneuf for turtling – Canucksarmy

The hero this poll deserves

Jannik Hansen GIF | Gfycat

Always prepared to hug

Vancouver canucks raffi torres jannik hansen GIF - Find on GIFER

• Like 2

Voting Kearns, nominating Kurtenbach.

Nomination candidates are razor thin between a few players now imo, can't knock anyone picking Rota, Hansen, Butcher or Williams. Hamhuis, Ververgaert, Gary Smith not too far off for me either. Oddleifson and Cooke are probably somewhere in that top 50 for me as well but I have to think about the last few. But for now, going with the first captain of the Canucks.

• Cheers 2

11 minutes ago, Kevin Biestra said:

Sweet baby Jesus, Horvat getting heavily voted already?  What year is it, 2028?

How did the whole coronavirus thing turn out future travelers?

Yeah, I love Horvat and do think he'll work his way up to very high on this list, but the guy has only played 446 games so far. He's been on our team for a while, but there are a lot of more guys who played for more than six years not on the list yet.

16 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Yeah, I love Horvat and do think he'll work his way up to very high on this list, but the guy has only played 446 games so far. He's been on our team for a while, but there are a lot of more guys who played for more than six years not on the list yet.

I tend to agree with you but it is pretty hard to argue Bo not getting consideration because of number of games when we already have 3 players picked that have played fewer games than Bo. Think he just needs to be considered on merit alone now.

And not to mention that the guy both you and I are currently nominating only played 289 games with the Canucks. LOL