The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nova Scotia shooter dead after killing 22 people/CDN Govt "assault style" weapons ban.

nuckin_futz

33 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Ya pretty much. No doubt the United States as a whole (NRA included of course) hurts us in Canada when it comes to this topic.

As you say, people on both sides are less likely & willing to find the middle ground when it's libtards vs small d*** redneck.

Whoa!!!

I'm tempted to send you a PM to prove you wrong. B)

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

We force people to take driver training, yes it could be better, but it takes more than a 2 day course on the weekend.

Uhhh....no we don't. Kids write the learner's and get their license. Then they can drive (with an adult in the car that has a license).  There absolutely is no forced driver training!!?? 

Do you not live in BC?

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Uhhh....no we don't. Kids write the learner's and get their license. Then they can drive (with an adult in the car that has a license).  There absolutely is no forced driver training!!?? 

Do you not live in BC?

Must be one of those human rights issues you speak of eh

• Cheers 1

I was just looking at crossbows, as I wait for mine to get delivered. 

I wanted this model but it's too pricey. It can drop a bull Elk  https://www.cabelas.ca/product/124348/ravin-r26-crossbow-package

You don't need a PAL for crossbows. 

Maybe they should have pumped the brakes on this ban and look at regulations for all weapons. Better if they would have demanded smart tech for future gun purchases vs this.

Edited by bishopshodan

1 hour ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Do you not live in BC?

You still spend a year driving while heavily restricted and two years driving under moderate restrictions, and these restrictions are only lifted when you’re deemed a safe enough driver. We don’t mandate that new drivers go through Young Drivers or similar programs but we do incentivize it. I’d consider the three years of restricted driving (particularly the first year with heavy restrictions) being “forced training”- you’re forced to prepare for that test which deems you an adequately safe driver. 

3 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

I absolutely do, also Calgary, Winnipeg, Vancouver, Kelowna, Medicine Hat, Stoon, etc. However the vast majority of the gun crime comes from gangs and individuals that shouldn't have guns. The reason this is actually getting worse is due to lack of investment in fighting gangs and drugs. If we didn't have access to american news this wouldn't be a discussion. 

Federal budgets to fight gangs and drugs is near pathetic quite honestly. 

thats good to hear. I don't disagree with any of that. 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Do you not live in BC?

I was talking about the whole N process - you're restricted on what you can do for quite a while. If we did something similar for gun training that might be interesting, like people can only shoot at a range for the first few years and pass a written and a practical use test.

2 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

No I think he was responding to made up nonsense. @Jimmy McGill knows it was wrong, he learned to drive out on grid road when he was 12.

thats actually not that far off :lol:

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I was talking about the whole N process - you're restricted on what you can do for quite a while. If we did something similar for gun training that might be interesting, like people can only shoot at a range for the first few years and pass a written and a practical use test.

thats actually not that far off :lol:

There already is a written and practical use test including the training for your PAL/RPAL and, speaking of restricted firearms, they can ONLY be used at a range. All ranges (at least in BC) are also supervised by Range Officers to ensure users are adhering to the rules and procedures. If you break any rules it could mean your membership is revoked thus you would lose the privilege of owning restricted firearms because a range membership is mandatory unless, of course, your license is collector status.

• Cheers 1

56 minutes ago, Lionized27 said:

There already is a written and practical use test including the training for your PAL/RPAL and, speaking of restricted firearms, they can ONLY be used at a range. All ranges (at least in BC) are also supervised by Range Officers to ensure users are adhering to the rules and procedures. If you break any rules it could mean your membership is revoked thus you would lose the privilege of owning restricted firearms because a range membership is mandatory unless, of course, your license is collector status.

Been to multiple ranges where no one is on site the vast majority of the time.  Until someone started a business selling ammo and shooting tours there we'd only very rarely see the RCMP roll in now and again at the local one.  

When the Olympics were coming they expanded our range for the RCMP/military here. A few times they were there training and let us use their autos and barrett .50 cals.  That was awesome!  

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

Been to multiple ranges where no one is on site the vast majority of the time.  Until someone started a business selling ammo and shooting tours there we'd only very rarely see the RCMP roll in now and again at the local one.  

When the Olympics were coming they expanded our range for the RCMP/military here. A few times they were there training and let us use their autos and barrett .50 cals.  That was awesome!  

Must just be the GVRD then. PCDHFC as well as DVC normally have a number of RO's on site.

I've been to a few ranges in Ontario as well. Been the only person there a number of times.

8 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

Some people are naturally born idiots. Others spend their lifetime trying to convince us that they were born that way. 

Some people can’t take a joke. Because I have different views than you on firearms and politics and I made a joke I’m and idiot. Right on mate. 

Edited by You Mad Bro?
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, You Mad Bro? said:

Some people can’t take a joke. Because I have different views than you on firearms and politics and I made a joke I’m and idiot. Right on mate. 

Imagine someone posting a conservatives guide to a woman's body.  Or a minority.  Oh how about an LGBTQ member or muslim.  How do you think that would read? 

Memes are all well and good.  Blanket statements not so much.  Why?  Because they show an inherent pattern of bias and bigotry towards a massive section of the population without any basis of fact

• Cheers 2
  • Wat 1

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

Imagine someone posting a conservatives guide to a woman's body.  Or a minority.  Oh how about an LGBTQ member or muslim.  How do you think that would read? 

Memes are all well and good.  Blanket statements not so much.  Why?  Because they show an inherent pattern of bias and bigotry towards a massive section of the population without any basis of fact

All your examples are of people. This was about an object. Apples and oranges. But I understand and respect your opinion