The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kesler, Lucic, Twitter and 2011.

Rate this topic

CanadianRugby

At this point this is only sort of Canucks and only sort of hockey related.  But hey, it's covid19 out there.  There's no sports so for those not aware let me entertain you with some twitter drama.  A drama that I have gotten dragged into and have been fighting with Boston fans over every since.  

It started with a most unholy of gatherings.  A Boston Bruins zoom party to watch game 7 of the 2011 finals.  

1.JPG.c72488a829b2937b34521a1eece4b065.JPG

As you can see by the tweet, at one point they mention Kesler trash talking in the game.  Someone jokes that Lucic should watch what he says or it'll be all over twitter and Lucic says... "Buddy he's not even in the league right now, **** him."  

Surprised aghast he said what GIF on GIFER - by Ianginn

If you know anything about Kesler... he didn't like the comment.  He decided to retweet some serious trashtalk by some random twitter person, alongside a gif of Hulk Hogan dropping the mic.  

2.JPG.6a71712102e6f599df4c9ce454a98147.JPG

Oh No You Didn't GIF by Reactions | Gfycat

The truth hurts, and Lucic had to respond to save his online honor.  He came back with a predictable but savage burn, the only burn he'll ever need in his playbook towards the Canucks.  As you can see he went to his DVR to find this clip, this attack took time and effort.

3.JPG.488270936cb0327245b7f3fc9cdb17fb.JPG

The twitter war ended with a weak burn by Kesler, though he got in the all important last word and scored a moral victory.  With that, things seem to have come to an uneasy truce.... for now.  

• Haha 3

It wasn't that weak of a comeback by Kesler.  I've seen much worse.

I was playing basketball with a friend during Grade 12 and for some reason he decided to start trash talking and insulting me.  I let it go for about five minutes because he wasn't particularly gifted at trash talking or all that articulate.  Finally after five minutes of mostly unremarkable insults but certainly his level best at doing so (I don't know what got into him really) I just stopped, looked at him and said, "You're fat."

He stopped dead in his tracks, looked at me, stammered and yelled, "Nice shoes!" and then stormed off to go home.

Edited by Kevin Biestra

Honestly, it doesn't really rub me that much anymore. Both guys, especially Kess are still probably super competitive, so they probably do have a bit of emotion in it, but I doubt either really takes it that seriously. If anything, they probably miss the feeling of intense competition and this was a sip to remind them of the glory days.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Kevin Biestra said:

It wasn't that weak of a comeback by Kesler.  I've seen much worse.

I was playing basketball with a friend during Grade 12 and for some reason he decided to start trash talking and insulting me.  I let it go for about five minutes because he wasn't particularly gifted at trash talking or all that articulate.  Finally after five minutes of mostly unremarkable insults but certainly his level best at doing so (I don't know what got into him really) I just stopped, looked at him and said, "You're fat."

He stopped dead in his tracks, looked at me, stammered and yelled, "Nice shoes!" and then stormed off to go home.

I have no filter and can go straight to 11 in terms of insults if someone wants to trade them.  When you were as ugly I was in High School you needed that quick wit to survive.  

&^@# Lucic, this guy would throw death threats at a player at the end of a series loss during the handshakes because he was butthurt and a sore loser. Hope his career rots in Calgary while eating up their cap space as plug.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, 250Integra said:

I wonder what's been going on in the last month...

They stopped making content after the league was shut-down. I don't know why that's case but I am guessing they want to talk about up to date league news rather than going back in time.

Just now, 250Integra said:

I wonder what's been going on in the last month...

Not sure why Covid would stop a podcast that is recorded from their home offices on the opposite ends of the country, especially when all other hockey podcasts are continuing on...

Guess Kevin's been too busy making tiktoks to record for 50 minutes a week

1 minute ago, ruilin96 said:

They stopped making content after the league was shut-down. I don't know why that's case but I am guessing they want to talk about up to date league news rather than going back in time.

Mistake in my opinion. They have a low followers base and a prolonged absence, especially one that's been unexplained on both their social medias or their website, isn't a smart business move.

Remember when everybody and their dog wanted Lucic here in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018?

Pepperidge farm remembers.

I hope the Bruins players' are appreciative of the cup Jacobs influence combined with the NHL hatchet-job refereeing brought them.

I just hope the next time we make the finals it isn't against an original 6 team with a crazy cup drought.

Except Toronto. I'd love to beat the Leafs. But they'll never make the finals, so we don't have to cross that bridge.

31 minutes ago, brownky said:

Remember when everybody and their dog wanted Lucic here in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018?

Pepperidge farm remembers.

I hope the Bruins players' are appreciative of the cup Jacobs influence combined with the NHL hatchet-job refereeing brought them.

I just hope the next time we make the finals it isn't against an original 6 team with a crazy cup drought.

Except Toronto. I'd love to beat the Leafs. But they'll never make the finals, so we don't have to cross that bridge.

I was not one of them. I hated Lucic everywhere he played. Classless, goon and just trash person overall. And I know his play will decline and I am glad he is strangling the Flames cap space right now.

Note: I did say I wasn't oppose to bring in Lucic at $1 million per year if the Flames bought him out a few days ago, but now, I completely made up my mind that I don't want Lucic anywhere near the Canucks lockerroom.

Edited by ruilin96
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2

27 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

This is a classic case of a guy trash talking an opponent in a way that simultaneously insults half of the guys he played with. He's on Zoom with like 12 guys that no longer play in the league. Guess Lucic thinks that they aren't important either. 

He's a child in a man's body. He has always been like that. He was a decent hockey player but not someone deserving of respect. Other than the cup, which is a team award, he has 0 personal accolade. 

Its one thing to trashtalk. Its another to be a complete oblivious hypocrite about it. If you're a player of Connor McDavid or Sidney Crosby calibre, saying "&^@# that guy, he isn't even in the league anymore" is low (and I wouldn't expect either of those players to stoop to that). But when you're Lucic, its borderline comical. Kesler is out of the league because his hip is held together by chewing gum and paper clips. Lucic is only still in the league because his contract is an albatross.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1