The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] NHL Return To Play Thread (24 team play off, 15 team draft lottery)

Rate this topic

3 minutes ago, Brock Botanen said:

What?!?!?!?!?!?!

Again I repeat

WHAT!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Horvat is a player you want in the playoffs. The guy plays in all situations against the opposing top line every night, takes a ton of faceoffs, and still be able to produce points with below average skilled players. He took over as the heart and soul of the team from the Sedins. Just look what he is capable of in the playoffs when we faced the Flames in 2015. He was probably our best player that series, while being a 20 yrs old rookie.

Pettersson is our best skilled forward, but we haven’t really seen him takeover a game against a tough matchup. When he has been matched up against the opposition best players.......his line has been neutralized. Plus, he would fetch us a lot more value in a trade. 

It could be oilers

Predators    
                   Canucks 

Flames

Canadiens    
                   Leafs

Rangers

Islanders 

with 12.5 percent chance at Lafreniere. Dang

2 minutes ago, hateleafs said:

It could be oilers

Predators    
                   Canucks 

Flames

Canadiens    
                   Leafs

Rangers

Islanders 

with 12.5 percent chance at Lafreniere. Dang

Or Penguins

Edited by Brock Botanen

11 minutes ago, Brock Botanen said:

They have 2 top 5 picks. I feel no sympathy. No1 has got more screwed in the lottery as the Canucks over the last almost decade

We got EP and Quinn in 2 consecutive drafts... if that's getting screwed I hope it happens every time they are in the draft lottery. 

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 2

21 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I'm loathe to say this. But trading Bo would help with our cap situation, and probably bring in another 1st rounder and a prospect. 

Or trade Bo for Jack Hughes, and Kevin Bahl? 

Trade no one. Pick another winner at the draft. We have a good mix. Bo is our capt. If anyone deserves to have a chance to win with this team, he does. He will lead us to the promised land. 

• Cheers 3

15 minutes ago, Brock Botanen said:

They have 2 top 5 picks. I feel no sympathy. No1 has got more screwed in the lottery as the Canucks over the last almost decade

Maybe it is time for Karma to pay us back. It's about damn time too. All we need to do now is throw the play in games. 

Edited by 24K PureCool
  • Huggy Bear 1

Just now, WHL rocks said:

We got EP and Quinn in 2 consecutive drafts... if that's getting screwed I hope it happens every time they are in the draft lottery. 

No that's a blessing in disguise. That's other teams poor decisions, not the draft lottery that handed them to us. If we had Gillis I could just imagine who we would of taken in those spots. There was talk the year we got Petey that JB planned to trade down from #1 if we got it because he wanted Petey. If that's true I want JB locked up until he retires. He is such an under rated GM

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1