The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] NHL Return To Play Thread (24 team play off, 15 team draft lottery)

Rate this topic

5 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Canucks 

Oilers 

Habs

Jets

Flames

Leafs

That's the order of teams I would want Laffy to go to.

Hopefully he stays in Canada.

Would have loved to see him go to Sens today. Too bad they lost out on him. They had a 25% chance wiith their 2 picks combined. 

The Oilers really? They already have McJesus!

Just now, 24K PureCool said:

The Oilers really? They already have McJesus!

Laffy is not on his level. Mcdavid is a generational talent.  OV Crosby Gretky Mario Jagr level...

Laffy would be great on 97s wing.. 

I spend a lot of time in Edmonton and go watch Oilers games often... in Edmonton right now actually... 

If not Canucks would love to see him in Edmonton.  That's my 2nd choice. 

1 hour ago, ruilin96 said:

The bottom teams, especially Ottawa really wanted to just have a solid idea on the exact position of where they will be drafting.

I dunno, just seems dumb to rush the lottery so trash bag teams can fiddle with their draft boards. We aren't having a combine anyway, so it's not like they'll have anything extra to study between now and the draft. Just seems kinda bootleg. 

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Laffy is not on his level. Mcdavid is a generational talent.  OV Crosby Gretky Mario Jagr level...

Laffy would be great on 97s wing.. 

I spend a lot of time in Edmonton and go watch Oilers games often... in Edmonton right now actually... 

If not Canucks would love to see him in Edmonton.  That's my 2nd choice. 

you just know

that laffy

will end up as a laff

it's just going to happen

34 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

I dunno, just seems dumb to rush the lottery so trash bag teams can fiddle with their draft boards. We aren't having a combine anyway, so it's not like they'll have anything extra to study between now and the draft. Just seems kinda bootleg. 

Agree wholeheartedly.  It also takes away from the atmosphere from the play-ins.  You're now going to have significant portions of fanbases around half the league that kinda hopes their team loses.  I'm sure that's not what the NHL wants.  All just so the teams that intentionally tanked know a little sooner.  What makes it more exciting now than 6 weeks from now?

• Upvote 1

I didn’t watch the draft.

but this is so screwed up,...Boo to the NHL league executives for this dumb style draft. You know a dumb team that shouldn’t get it. Will. And it’s not going to be the Canucks that’s for sure....how the hell did this stupid draft happen. So Blackhawks, Wild or god forbid a Alberta team will get the first pick.

my only thoughts are the first play-in round, it’s not going to be as stressfull. But seriously this lottery draft sucks balls. 

I feel bad for Detroit--they could really use a top 3 pick.
Feel kind of bad for Ottawa--they're glad they got the Sharks' pick, but they had the highest chance at 1st overall, and now they have the 3rd and 5th. 
Don't feel bad for Los Angeles. I'm kind of annoyed they got 2nd overall, but it was worth it to see their faces when they realized they didn't get 1st.

7 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Agree wholeheartedly.  It also takes away from the atmosphere from the play-ins.  You're now going to have significant portions of fanbases around half the league that kinda hopes their team loses.  I'm sure that's not what the NHL wants.  All just so the teams that intentionally tanked know a little sooner.  What makes it more exciting now than 6 weeks from now?

Not only this, but what will these teams learn now that will drastically change their draft lists come draft? Lol. Would learning your draft spot after the playoffs hurt your drafting/scouting? There is no justification that makes this make any sense in my eyes. 

31 minutes ago, Heretic said:

What is this bs?  

106434676_10157120501551496_479309224118

Columbus Blue Jackets are 0.579

Calgary 0.564

Canucks 0.565 with 27 wins in regulation.  

Panthers 0.565 with 30 wins in regulation.

Isn't correct if the NHL stat page have their numbers right.   Should be Calgary and Canucks over CBJ and Florida.

Should have read the previous pages before posting.  

Edited by mll

3 minutes ago, mll said:

Columbus Blue Jackets are 0.579

Calgary 0.564

Canucks 0.565 with 27 wins in regulation.  

Panthers 0.565 with 30 wins in regulation.

Isn't correct if the NHL stat page have their numbers right.   Should be Calgary and Canucks over CBJ and Florida.

4 worst winning % teams in each conference.

26 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

4 worst winning % teams in each conference.

Are they changing it for the subsequent rounds too.  Vancouver and Calgary pick ahead of Panthers and CBJ or after them for the 2nd round onwards?

Edited by mll

I'm perfectly fine w/this today:

a..Advance to PO's(spend our 1st, completing what was a great trade)

b..Have a shot at the #1 OA pick(or land a good player around #10)

c..Pay off the Miller transaction(if it's all cxl'd)

With the fine 2019-20 performance from JT Miller, every scenario is hunky dory.

• Cheers 3