The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sabres fire Jason Botterill, name Kevyn Adams GM

Rate this topic

4 hours ago, Smashian Kassian said:

How mucher longer till Jack Eichel requests a trade?

Gotta wonder if one more losing season would be the last straw for him. 

Edited by Pears
correction
  • Cheers 1

Seems like the inmates (or at least one prominent one) are running the show there.....

Boggles the mind that a guy like Pegula can build an economic empire worth over 5 billion dollars but can't find someone competent to run his sports franchise. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Bitter Melon said:

I mean, I'm obviously not that well versed on the Buffalo front office, but I don't know if putting a Senior Vice President of Business Administration in the most important hockey ops role is a great idea.

To be fair, Adams is a former NHL player with 540 games, so he does know a lot about hockey.

1 minute ago, -AJ- said:

To be fair, Adams is a former NHL player with 540 games, so he does know a lot about hockey.

To be fair Botterill had 88 games.  And 10 years experience with the Penguins as director of hockey administration, And AGM since 2009, prior to taking the job with Buffalo. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

To be fair Botterill had 88 games.  And 10 years experience with the Penguins as director of hockey administration, And AGM since 2009, prior to taking the job with Buffalo. 

Yeah NHL experience doesn't guarantee anything, but I was just dispelling the idea that Adams is a business man with no hockey knowledge.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, AK_19 said:

Why? The Rochester Americans were second in their division last year and higher than the Comets in the AHL. I would be in favour of scooping him up. 

Success is not necessarily measured by having a good AHL team but developing players who become NHLers.  Would be curious to know if they have promoted many players from the AHL.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, GarthButcher5 said:

Mike Gilis--just gotta throw that name in there.

I genuinely think Gillis and Krueger would be a great tandem.

Gillis as President

Kreuger as Head Coach

An unorthodox split of the GM role where maybe Krueger has more say on drafting and team building than a coach normally does.