The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

ECQR: (8) Toronto Maple Leafs vs. (9) Columbus Blue Jackets | Blue Jackets win series 3-2

Rate this topic

2020 Stanley Cup Qualifiers  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Maple Leafs in 3
    • Maple Leafs in 4
    • Maple Leafs in 5
    • Blue Jackets in 3
    • Blue Jackets in 4
    • Blue Jackets in 5

This poll is closed to new votes

2 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Leafs need more than a second pairing guy. Best shot at this point is to luck out and draft a top pairing guy that is the only hope of righting their ship. 

Exactly.  The only defenseman they currently have capable of playing any defense whatsoever is Muzzin.  Getting rid of the GM who decided that their 0-defense model was a good idea would be a good start though.

4 minutes ago, J-Dizzle said:

I agree but I would define any top four as a ‘legit Dman’. That being said we’re talking a guy who put up 30 goals and was just shy of a point per game... it’s hard to imagine there isn’t at least one gm who would see enough value there to consider moving a 2b/3A guy.... and for the record I don’t love Nylander lol. 

Nylander's contract and laziness easily cancels that out though.  That plug was gliding back into his own end on the 2-0 goal.

Edited by King Heffy
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Nylander's contract and laziness easily cancels that out though.

His contract is a bit rich but weather he’s ‘lazy’ or not we’re talking about a guy who fairly consistently puts up points.... he’s not a throwaway.  I think under normal circumstances he could bring back something pretty useful defence wise.... given the flat cap that may be more of a challenge.