The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Canucks vs Jets, Bubble Hockey Edition (Exhibition), July 29th @ 7:30pm PST, Sportsnet

Rate this topic

1 minute ago, afan said:

Why would you sit out a 18 goal scorer in Virtanen who scored the most PP goals in the second unit ? Nucks needs his speed, forecheck and goal scoring. Replace either Beagle or Sutter by Virtanen or else the Nucks will lose to the Wild. 

I doubt Virtanen will be on the second unit when he returns.

PP units in practice - July 16th:

PP1: Toffoli, Horvat, Miller, Hughes, Pettersson

PP2: Pearson, Gaudette, Virtanen, Boeser, Myers

PP units in practice - July 21st:

PP2: Roussel, Gaudette, Boeser, Pearson, Edler

PP units in practice - July 25th:

PP2: Ferland, Gaudette, Pearson, Boeser, Myers

The last two times he wasn't there.

22 minutes ago, KeslerWho? said:

So because he almost scored 20 goals, he gets a free pass in camp? Doesn't work that way when you've got multiple other players knocking on the door. 

Don't see you screaming justice for Baertschi

Who's knocking on the door who can contribute what Jake can?  I'll wait.  Please tell me.  Who in that bottom 6 brings what Jake does?

Nobody.

Again.  Why am I talking to a guy names Kesler who?  Kesler deserves nothing but respect from the fans of this team.

Edited by CanuckGAME

5 minutes ago, Raspberries said:

Does Burke think the 2010 Olympics were in Edmonton, or that they are playing tonight in Vancouver??

The comment was how the ice would hold up after having 3 professional games on it every day. What he's saying is it stood up in 2010 with fans, should be fine with nobody in the stands adding humidity.

• Thanks 1

Bottom two lines might be a bit of a goal scoring black hole going forward.  We need Jake back, and there might not be a reason to dress Rouss if Ferland is in the lineup.  He hasnt brought much to the table for a long time.

2 minutes ago, Deets said:

The comment was how the ice would hold up after having 3 professional games on it every day. What he's saying is it stood up in 2010 with fans, should be fine with nobody in the stands adding humidity.

They can also turn down the temperature in the arena as they don’t need to make fans comfortable, I don’t see ice being an issue.

3 minutes ago, CanuckGAME said:

Who's knocking on the door who can contribute what Jake can?  I'll wait.  Please tell me.  Who in that bottom 6 brings what Jake does?

Nobody.

Again.  Why am I talking to a guy names Kesler who?  Kesler deserves nothing but respect from the fans of this team.

Ferland and MacEwan; wasn't it obvious?

If you don't want to talk to me; stop quoting me