The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Minnesota Wild | August 4th, 2020 | 7:45pm PT, SNP | SCQ Game #2

Rate this topic

Roberts

Just now, 1-d said:

It must be. Hughes seems to be unsure at times because of lack of time and space he used to have in the regular season. He'll find a way just like Petey -- hopefully sooner than later.

Hughes made the best passes by far. If the forwards were as good at receiving the passes as Hughes is making them, they would have lit them up.

9 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Bieksa praising NB's pp and saying the team just isn't executing and is sloppy.

It's also predictable and maybe needs something fresh.  Just my 2 cents.

Bieksa stands out on that show like a sore thumb he was ribbing everyone on yesterdays show and 

it made him look like an giant ass. He thinks way too much of himself and thank god it comes across

on TV as it will mean he wont last long and he can go back to styling his fycking ridiculous mohawk 

(seriously buddy your 40) and texting Kesler, all day.

Edited by Shirotashi
  • Like 1
  • Wat 4

Just now, Mustapha said:

Hughes made an awesome tape to tape pass, but they couldn't finish.

Yeah he probably contributed to almost half the turnovers on the PP though and missed a golden chance to give it to Petey on the left side who had a ton of room to walk in and opted to pass across to the other side that got picked off. I was scratching my head wondering if that was Edler out there.

He had a rough go that period and we won't win if he continues to play like that.

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

This game is over? 

We score first, can’t get number 2, get 3 power plays and then allow a short handed goal after old man Sutter gets schooled 

not looking promising is it ?

oh and Stalock is playing like a vezina candidate 

1 minute ago, shazzam said:

Boeser has been quite disappointing. I would swap him and Ferland. Mix up the muscle and skill

Despite the frustrating play after he loses it/turns it over, he's one of the only players generating any offense. Moving him down would be ridiculous. Miller is much more deserving of a temporary demotion to the 3rd line. 

Just now, 10pavelbure96 said:

To me, boeser looks to be one of our more dangerous players. Hes had more chances than Miller and Horvat.

Huggy bear looks human the last 2 games 

Huggy looks tentative...I think he's got a bit of nerves.  He's usually free wheeling and it looks effortless...looks more like he's overthinking it.  Hopefully he'll find his groove.

I'm perfectly ok with Brock's play too.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Darius said:

From the comments you would think they are losing.  They are doing ok.  Forwards are going to the tough areas tonight.  

You watching the same game? They have yet to get a play set up in the offensive zone, it’s scrappy, they are struggling to make zone entries and when they do it’s a shot from the perimeter with no one at the net again

Just now, stawns said:

sloppy play, for sure, but you're right, they're playing with some balls and urgency.  I don't think it's going to matter, as Minny just looks like they're a playoff team, but it's certainly nice to see after game 1

Agree with you about miller... some of the sloppiness comes from his high risk plays.  

Hopefully  they settle down.  But much better effort around Stalock.  That’s why I like Loui in there ... he’s good in those tough areas. 

Just now, canuck2288 said:

We score first, can’t get number 2, get 3 power plays and then allow a short handed goal after old man Sutter gets schooled 

not looking promising is it ?

oh and Stalock is playing like a vezina candidate 

And? 

Just now, spook007 said:

Funny to hear Bieksa say Brown in the best PP coach he's ever played for...

Lays the blame of our PP squarely on the players...

Brown was when Bieksa played but he’s a one trick pony and everyteam in the league knows it.

having the sedins helped to since they didn’t dump it in. 

• Cheers 2

Just now, AzNightmare said:

Really? I thought Minny was the better team in literally every aspect.
The puck was in the Canucks zone most of the period, including with the Canucks' PP. lol.

Canucks got a lucky goal and it was pretty much all Minny after that.

I thought we were getting more 5 on 5. Minny was playing their grinding style but we were the ones with the puck forcing it into there zone.

It was just the early Minny PP's derailed our momentum from the goal, then we got the PP's which derailed our momentum again. It was a disjointed period. 

1 minute ago, Davathor said:

Millers an effective centre, and a bonus is hes not slower than a DHL truck going up the Big White hill

I agree. But then they have to take him off the 1st unit.