The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Minnesota Wild | Aug. 07, 2020 | Canucks win series 3-1

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, bbllpp said:

Totally agree, these guys are here to teach the next generation how to play in the only part of the season that matters. So far so good 

If thats what they are gonna look like every postseason,theyve earned their money regardless how they look in the regular season. Those 3, Motte have played amazing this series. Zack looked pretty good tonight too

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

Just now, cuporbust said:

Can't understand Markstrom tonight though. I mean,  that is as bad as I have seen a goaltender play here. It is actually quite concerning.  Like not even a shadow of what he was during the season.  He looked completely detached. 

Mental side of Markstrom's game has always seemed to be a challenge over his career.  This was the first season Markstrom had a long run of consistent excellent play (which he has always been capable of).  I think tonight was just Markstrom getting his head too much into the game.  He looked like he wanted to be a difference but maybe too much so.  He had a few adventures out playing the puck in addition to the goals against.  I didn't like Staal's but have to admit that was a very accurate shot that's hard to fault Marky on entirely.  The Sturm goal though, that was brutal.

The most encouraging thing about this game was to see the team fight to the end.  They never looked defeated, even when they were down and even after the bad goals against.  It really says something about the mental make up of the team that I believe means more for their long term success than just the skill.  Skill wise the team is blessed with probably the highest end talent they have ever had all at once, and those guys are still so young.

It's nice to see them get rewarded with moving on to the next round and I hope they can get healthy, stay healthy and go deep into the playoffs.  They just completed the first major step toward that.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Chicken. said:

Things happen. It was a back to back game. He will bounce back with a bit of rest.

The team was joking about it after -  how its about time they repayed Marky and put him on their back - gotta stay loose

Ya , I mean that's my first thought,  but he wasnt himself all series really. Last game was good, but still, he hasnt really looked himself at all since the re start.

Just now, janisahockeynut said:

Random thought on Tanev...................

But ever since Huggy has been here (almost a year).........Tanev is walking the line..................never really seen him do that before..........Hmmmmmmm?

They are both feeding off one another in terms of playing style. It's awesome.

The Hughes quote posted early by Deb says it all... so humble, Tanev can do tons of things that Huggy cannot and in his mind Tanev is the heart and soul of the team

• Cheers 1

Just now, theo5789 said:

I get that it's a joke, but he's averaged over 16 minutes a game over these 3 games. He's been a significant add. Not bad for a guy that some wanted to bury in the minors to try and force him to retire.

But WE ARE 3-0 with him in the line up. It's not fake news :)

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Nooks said:

Dahlin
Svech
Kotkanemi
B. Tkachuk
Hayton
Zadina

Anyone want to trade?  Nah me neither.

Well we needed a Dman so probably wouldn't take any of those guys even Dahlin. Svech broke out this year, and I really think Brady Tkachuk is gonna be one of the top players in this league. I can still remember laughing when Hayton was picked ahahahha. In all fairness though, I don;t think we saw Quinn Hughes being THIS good so quickly

• Like 2
  • Huggy Bear 1

12 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

Thoughts

1. Sutter,  Eriksson and Beagle they earned their money in this series

2. It will be fun to watch Huggy Bear for the next 15 years

3. Bo played a great game....A GREAT GAME!

4. Boeser deserved an assist on the game winner.........great screen!

5. Juolevi look pretty solid in his minutes, and this experience is great for him.......made a great outlet pass

6. Total character builder!

7. They tried to shut down Miller/Pettersson/Boeser, and that left Bo and Co to do their damage

8. Just a damn good series to watch...........very satisfying's....VERY!

1. I would actually add Roussel to that list
2. Pains me to say this but he could be Brain Leetch 2.0
3. Needed to he's a big game player and has another gear.  Watch his highlights from his first series against Calgary
4. KEEP ON TEAM
5. The win/ice time and being a part of the core in a massive game will make him better and played great!
6. THIS
7.  Petey has another gear.  Even when everyone's on him
8. <3

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Chicken. said:

They are both feeding off one another in terms of playing style. It's awesome.

The Hughes quote posted early by Deb says it all... so humble, Tanev can do tons of things that Huggy cannot and in his mind Tanev is the heart and soul of the team

Based on what Tanev said...
Hughes offence
Tanev defence
Profit?