The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Minnesota Wild | Aug. 07, 2020 | Canucks win series 3-1

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

5 hours ago, BlueDragon23 said:

Just want to give a shoutout to Tanner Pearson. He scored two clutch goals early in two games, and set up Bo’s tying goal tonight. This guy is a playoff performer. 

I was miffed at his bad penalties in game one - he more then made up for it - totally agree what a game he had.   Our vets are going it, so are our kids.   Just a great feeling ... what a way to close the series too. 

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Brock Botanen said:

We play loser of Blues and Stars right? I honestly think we match up well to both. Part of me think we'd have a better shot against the Blues for some reason

Well we haven’t had a good record against the Stars over the years. But we’ve beaten them twice in our history in the playoffs (same with Blues)

Both will obviously be a tough challenge I guess it all depends on what style of play best suits us.

Playing the Blues will be more like the series we just had with tight checking and very physical. Is this team more battle tested for that now or is that gonna mean more injuries piling up?

My initial thought was we match up better against the Blues. Something about that team has brought the best out of us over the years. Dallas on the other hand has owned us pretty much.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Brock Botanen said:

We play loser of Blues and Stars right? I honestly think we match up well to both. Part of me think we'd have a better shot against the Blues for some reason

It's weird, but ya. The Canucks played the Blues real well this year, better than the Stars. If the Canucks get their share of PP's and Marky bounces back (which I think he will) then why not. 

despite a terrible game 1 from pearson he had a great series coming up big time and time again. the first goal mins into game 2 after getting shutout in game 1. Sutter battling hard all series. Eriksson played well despite not factoring on the scoring. Myers i think did his job well he was playing rough and physical all series despite taking numerous penalties.. honestly i think the refs are just picking on him.. i mean he had like only 20 penalties all season and he has 8 or 9 in 4 games? and majority of them are roughing? i honestly think there should be some slack even to players significantly taller than others.. i mean sure keep it low.. but what is he suppose to do? get down on his knees before hitting someone? or should he be hip checking instead to get down low? nice to see the resiliency in the canucks. Markstrom needs to work out his kinks and nerves for the next round. he was great in games 2 good in games 3 but games 1 and 4 there was far too many weak goals going  in whether it was lack of focus or just mental lapse. can't afford those against tougher opponents with far superior offense than minnesota.

• Vintage 1

12 minutes ago, AriGold2.0 said:

That tape to tape by Percie with 2 guy on him to Bo was really impressive.. He doesn't always have the best game but that Guddy for Percie trade was a sly move for this franchise.

Love how he waited with his head up, then pushed off the boards into both players to give himself room to make the pass. Great work on the boards by Tanner

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

Do we know matchups yet? I heard on the radio last night it would be one of DAL/STL depending on how that game went. I forget if we get the loser or winner? lol. 

Here is the NBC Highlights:

Dean Evason is pissed at the end. Stalock's body language was pretty funny all game too. guy gets so mad lol

Edited by Rush17

17 minutes ago, Chickenspear said:

We get loser STL/DAL. 1 vs 8, 2 vs 7, 3 vs 6, 4 vs 5

1. winner VGK/COL

2. loser ^

3.winner STL/DAL

4. loser ^

5. VAN

6. CGY

7. ARI

8. CHI

Are the top seed from the play-in now? We are too that is hilarious LOL