The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Minnesota Wild | Aug. 07, 2020 | Canucks win series 3-1

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, Brock Botanen said:

I just choked on my water reading that Myers meme LOL

Seriously though he needs to figure out a way to stop taking so many dumb penalties. We got lucky in all our wins his penalties didnt cost us. They will against the teams we will need to beat to make a cup run

Celebrate this win boys then get back to work tm!

Going to be fun to watch some more Canuck playoff hockey!

McEwen and Virtanen have really helped our bottom 6

Hughes hasn't looked as good as he has in the season but hes still putting up the points, hes looked better each game. If that continues watch out.

Miller and Petey have been a bit quiet so far. That'll hopefully change.

Markstrom is warmed up and will get a little rest heading into round 1

If Myers can be more disciplined and/or refs can allow more physicality that would be great.

This team is capable of a Cinderella run. Please dont shoot ourselves in the foot with dumb penalties!!

Let's go make that Devils pick a 31 OA!!!

http://forum.canucks.com/?app=core&module=system&controller=content&do=find&content_class=forums_Topic&content_id=394103&content_commentid=15432440

why-must-you-turn-this-post-into-a-house

• Haha 3

Salary Cap is meaningless in the playoffs, these guys were signed exactly for this, teach the next core what real hockey is all about

hats off to Myers for playing playoff hockey in the playins, refs had his first number, he seemed to get all the penalties that Petey should have drawn, go figure 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Yup. Not sure if Beagle returned after that shot block (maybe he did and I'm just drawing a blank) so Gaudette might draw in.

Then Fantenberg back in for Juolevi if he's healthy. Otherwise you don't touch the rest of it.

Beagle came back and played the rest of the game. I think Gaudette remains out to start the next series. 

• Thanks 2

30 minutes ago, Blaze04 said:

Canucks fans here from the UK who were on global news, 330 am Saturday morning We got up to watch our team. 

Not bad for “a team like that” 

off to to do our shopping, now 7am. 

Enjoy the result boys, a team mentality got us through. 

Cheers Blaze. 
had to leave after 2nd period to go to work. Saw laat 10min + OT at work though so all good. Enjoy your shopping and the sunshine down south. 

Great day 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Yes, win %, that’s why we played the wild and Calgary played the Jets. Jets actually have 80 points,Flames 79 and we have 78.

Even on the Canucks website, we're listed as higher than the flames despite having 78 points and the Flames just below us on 79.

So I suppose if we re-ranked the qualifying teams, it would go Canucks > Flames > Coyotes > Chicago, so does the worst team of the round robin play us and the best play Chicago?

• Vintage 1

7 minutes ago, Brock Botanen said:

I just choked on my water reading that Myers meme LOL

Seriously though he needs to figure out a way to stop taking so many dumb penalties. We got lucky in all our wins his penalties didnt cost us. They will against the teams we will need to beat to make a cup run

Celebrate this win boys then get back to work tm!

Going to be fun to watch some more Canuck playoff hockey!

McEwen and Virtanen have really helped our bottom 6

Hughes hasn't looked as good as he has in the season but hes still putting up the points, hes looked better each game. If that continues watch out.

Miller and Petey have been a bit quiet so far. That'll hopefully change.

Markstrom is warmed up and will get a little rest heading into round 1

If Myers can be more disciplined and/or refs can allow more physicality that would be great.

This team is capable of a Cinderella run. Please dont shoot ourselves in the foot with dumb penalties!!

Let's go make that Devils pick a 31 OA!!!

What meme ?

25 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Actually....shallow girls maybe.

But he's a super nice guy and a great hockey player...I don't think he'll have any problems there.  

LOL...........he could probably get a girl a hell alot faster than the poster...............I think the bank account gets him the first date

The charm, the second!

• Cheers 1

Just now, Tortorella's Rant said:

Could do without the regular weak goal from Marky. He's 6'6" and should be getting beat upstairs like that.

Take it easy Torts. Rip in to Luc Dubois for a bit instead! jk. Marky was making fun of himself post game in the marky/bo interview.  He'll be better next series!

• Haha 1