The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at St. Louis Blues | Aug. 14, 2020 | Canucks lead series 2-0

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

12 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Cheaters never win.  Blues played dirty and did everything to cheat the game to their favor.  Even the refs were culpable to allowing the Blues play that way.

We stuck with it, we played disciplined, even when it felt like the Canucks were playing against two teams tonight.  This team is resilient as heck.

Bruins 2011. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 3

9 hours ago, fanfor42 said:

Heff you and I know that ultimately it  means nothing. This team is a good team and can win regardless of what fans think of the reffing.  It is also ridiculous to think that the refs favor one team over another. That's silly.  Every team has fans that think their team is unfairly treated. Read any fan boards for proof.

If Canuck rans really want to win they need to stop the whining and focus on supporting their players to give it back to the other team just as hard. This is a new era.  No longer the Sedin era. We can play tough and win and not turtle. We are right now the better team than St. Louis.  Who cares about the refs? Let's focus on being the better team and winning the series regardless of what the refs do.

Tell Meyers about your theory. Tell the 2011 crowd after there were no defense men left. 

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

Notice how he said, “we had a few too many penalties called against us” and not, “we took a few too many penalties.” Love that subtle shade at the officiating. 

Very crafty...getting the message across without giving them anything to lash out at.

• Cheers 1

IMHO all 3 Blues goals were tainted by calls or non-calls. 

Petey's pass to Pearson was a beaut. Mott is unreal. Mac has made this team for good. 

Bo... Cannot add to perfection.

Meyers: losing him is a disaster. Do you move Huggy over to RD and play Joulevi or do you play a RD from depth? 

• Cheers 2

7 minutes ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

Notice how he said, “we had a few too many penalties called against us” and not, “we took a few too many penalties.” Love that subtle shade at the officiating. 

I am so glad green is much more composed than us fans. I would have been livid post-game which would not have bode well for future games. Kudos to Green

• Cheers 2

I doubt we will see if but I really hope that Sammy Blias gets called up by DOP for the boading on Sutter.

against the stars he was assessed a minor for boarding against Andrew Sekera - (cannot find a clip) and tbh the refs blew tv at call it was a major. 

Just look back at a clip of his hits and he is reckless and with a history of boarding players, and often high speed boarding hits as well. 

unless he gets pulled up he is going to break someone neck out there. 

when you compare both his boarding events during the post season and yet One against him which is no where near as bad is supsinsion worthy it just screams incompetence at best and malice by the nhl at worst 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QdhP6YbpZ5E

• Vintage 1