The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks at St. Louis Blues game 5 | Aug. 19, 2020, 7:30pm | Series tied 2-2

Rate this topic

cuporbust

1 minute ago, Brock Botanen said:

Could you guys imagine when we have Tryamkin back there in playoffs. Throw in Podkolzin, Lind, Hoglander, Juolevi... man this team is going to be a power house in 2-3 years.

I am holding out Hope's we can win this series, but if we dont not 1 Canuck fan should be disappointed in this team. Green should take some heat for how often he tries to defend early leads, but other than that the young guys look like they are ready for the next step. Just need to infuse a few more of JBs draft picks and we are winning the damn STANLEY CUP

tryamkin aint comin back. That ship has sailed. As for those rookies you mention, we will see if any can play in the NHL.

Just now, CanuckCup2022 said:

tryamkin aint comin back. That ship has sailed. As for those rookies you mention, we will see if any can play in the NHL.

He will be here after next year. He signed a 1 year deal in KHL and I will bet $ he is coming over with Podkolzin

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Trebreh said:

I said it last game and Corey Hirsh this morning suggested it too. 

We desperately need puck movers back there! Fanta and Benn hasn't been "bad" but they are the Blues favourite type of Dmen to go against. Both are slow to move the puck and handle it like grenades, the forwards cant get clean outlet passes allowing the Blues D to pinch. 

I don't know why Baumgartner or Green can see this glaring issue. Juolevi and Rafferty are both bigger (not heavier) than Fanta and Benn, can skate from danger and most importantly make a good first pass!!

Nice assessment. +1

• Like 1

1 minute ago, debluvscanucks said:

I'm really pleased with our team.  They're in there and they are NOT making this easy.

We can take this one.  Easily.  Keep doing what we did in the first half of the first and they lose their edge.

I disagree, they were standing around on both Blues goals. i don't think the Blues are scared of the Canucks at all. I hope they turn it around, but they can only blame themselves.

Just now, Googlie said:

Well see them in game 6, perhaps ( maybe?)

I'm really hoping so. Green has to realize that defensive defensemen that can't move the puck are not going to get the job done in the playoffs. Look at the Blues D, all 6 of them can play the puck. Fanta and Benn are veterans, but complete rocks. Give the young, puckmoving guys a chance. We have literally nothing else to lose.