The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] St. Louis Blues at Vancouver Canucks | Aug. 21, 2020 | Canucks win series 4-2

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

10 minutes ago, freshhprince95 said:

This is really impressive considering that Luongo had a quadruple OT and went through 7 games in that series

Yeah. We can count that quadruple OT game as 2.3 games, so basically Luongo played 8.3 games.

Luongo: 228 saves / 8.3 games - 27.4 saves per game.

Markstrom: 213 saves / 6 games - 35.5 saves per game.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

29 minutes ago, Pure961089 said:

They are streaky yes, I’ll admit that.  A lot of players are. Boeser is very streaky.  And yes, their ice time was low, but their production overall was pretty impressive.  They will only get better from here and that’s a good thing.  

Boeser's a bit more rounded out, consistent and refined. If he wasn't he'd be in the same boat as Virtanen/Gaud with ice time.

If it sounds like I am harking on Gaud/Virtanen it's not to be a negative nancy. I like both players. Just giving out an honest opinion of where I feel they stand and how I feel they can take the next steps in development.

For Virtanen it is being consistent away from the puck. When his compete levels are up he's always is fast and effective. Offense usually comes. He creates space for himself and others. He's more physical. Motte typically never scores but is usually effective each game and that's the type of things I want to see out of Virtanen so Greener wants to play him a bunch.

Gaud has it a lot harder since we're trying to make him a C. A lot more is gonna be asked of him moving forward. He's also a bit less refined than Virtanen due to having 1/2 of his experience. IMO he might end up as a winger.

IMO both players need PK time next year(I would have at the beginning of this year if it were up to me). Have them add to their resume and be able to be relied on more than just 2nd PP. Checking skills are gonna have more of a chance at improving when they're put in those sort of situations.

Edited by Junkyard Dog

2 hours ago, FijianCanuck said:

The 1st and 2nd goal he let in were weak. You could tell her was fighting it.

Are you on drugs.. one was a turn over, and beags wired a top corner wrist shot, you think that was weak? For real? 

2nd one a turn over as well and his own D man screened him trying to block the shot.. really? Think it's just that easy? Wow dude..  sorry but your mistaken.. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, awalk said:

Might be the mezcal talking but CDC is fun again after 10 years. 

Semi finals wooooo

Speaking of fun lame and coiler fans are so butthurt.

As a proud half French Manitoba boy, it's not surprising that the only cities in Canada that are rooting for us is the Peg and Montreal.

Now if any Jets fans are here I could really do with a Gondola pizza lol. The best thin crust pizza I've ever had. The grease from the cheese literally soaks through the box.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, WHL rocks said:

Man the Canucks look almost unbeatable right now. Especially the way Marky is playing and our bottom 6 racking up points last couple of games.

I didn't want any part it St Louis after Minny series. Much preferred Dallas. But we just beat a big heavy physical team.. Cup champs. Unbelievable..

Anything is possible vs the Knights. I know one thing for sure. This team won't go out easy.. they'll battle hard right to the end.

Edit typo 

agreed, Canucks looked so solid tonight.

Wow...

Certain others have caught this already and I remember it from the beginning of the game but...

13 seconds in, Marky handcuffs Huggy with a pass of the end boards and he coughs it up to the Booboo's forecheck

Perron blasts one high and wide from right in the the slot.

Beagle ends up getting things started 3:30 later but...

Had that first turnover gone in?

Who Knows?

So Blessed!               ; )

1 minute ago, Comeback_Kings said:

agreed, Canucks looked so solid tonight.

And last game.

Great come back after being down by 2 goals. No quit. Scored 3 goals in the 2nd period pulled out a gritty win.

They won the mental game in game 5 and knew they had the series after that gutsy come from behind victory. 

waxing poetic after the big win....

Canucks gonna put Vegas to sleep.
very least, Canucks gonna put Vegas to bed,
goodnight golden nights.  sounds about right.

V is for victory, V is for Vancouver
not LAS vegas, Patchy and Stone ain't got nothin,
over R O'Reilly +  have you seen EP40 play the tough minutes

just over the rockies, that's where they be,
Huhes and Petey, rookies, boy geniuses more like it
plus Captain and Crew, including JT ____  Miller!  dude!

V is for Motte, thanks vanek + team at the time
for making V is for Vanek look so good,

never looked as good as Motte.

we've got this.  cdc - we've always been -
here with our favourite hockey team

the _____  ______ Vancouver Canucks!

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Vintage 2