The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks @ Golden Knights -SUN AUG 23 7:30PM PACIFIC - NBCSN, CBC, SN, TVAS

Rate this topic

xereau

Just now, canuck2288 said:

I know I have mentioned this multiples times before ...  

No it’s not fire Green 

I am just so impressed just what kind of complete hockey player EP at such a young age. He is always on his check and if an offensive play turns around the other way he just puts his head down and flys back to pick up a check 

we are so lucky to have him

Selke finalist for sure. Him and Bo should both be in the coming years, but EP especially. His backcheck and pocket picking skills are incredible.

1 hour ago, debluvscanucks said:

That's one of my old favourite dog walking spots...do you go right down to the water?

Also, my pre game afternoon.  Made home made chicken teriyaki don over rice for the game day meal .... one for me, one for Dad (about to go deliver it to him)

image.png

image.png

No, I will NOT be giving out the recipe via pm.

Also...tonight it's OM beer for me.  :towel:

Delish Deb... mine is not as sexy but tastes ok :towel:

E2941186-59B5-463F-8ED7-B3B0AFDC279B.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

3 hours ago, EddieVedder said:

This post reminded me of the time Hanzal took out 3 Canucks in 4 minutes.  Can totally see Reeves pulling one of these. 

That was a disgusting display.  By Hanzal AND the refs.  I forgot that Henrik got a penalty (for a weak chicken wing hooking) after taking a crosscheck in the ribs from Hanzal, who got nothing.

I always thought he must have been going through some bad personal crap or something. He looked like all he wanted to do that game was hurt as many opposition players as possible.  There should be a penalty when a player goes on a psychotic rampage like that. a raging major.

• Haha 2

Before our time(heck, almost all of us), but you've gotta go quite a ways back to think of a classy comparable for our beauty, EP.

From clips I've seen & what I've read, think he might become Vancouver's version of Jean Beliveau. Yeah, that's an absolutely legendary name, but EP has the potential to be that big in the game. Perhaps comparisons to Sakic, might also stand?

We've really got something amazing here.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bree2 said:

sorry but i believe it was a gift, what other team that has come into the nhl got to pick and choose their players like that. and it is going to happen again!

Most paid for an expansion franchise prior to Vegas was $80 million (Nashville, 1998  Atlanta, 1999,  Columbus and Minnesota, 2000) that's why teams prior to Vegas all got the dregs of other teams. - 3rd and 4th liners and weak defensemen.  For $500 million, Vegas demanded, and got, better players (as will Seattle for their $650 million.

20 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

No it’s not fire Green 

I am just so impressed just what kind of complete hockey player EP at such a young age. He is always on his check and if an offensive play turns around the other way he just puts his head down and flys back to pick up a check 

I like Huggy better but splitting hairs here!

8 minutes ago, Googlie said:

Most paid for an expansion franchise prior to Vegas was $80 million (Nashville, 1998  Atlanta, 1999,  Columbus and Minnesota, 2000) that's why teams prior to Vegas all got the dregs of other teams. - 3rd and 4th liners and weak defensemen.  For $500 million, Vegas demanded, and got, better players (as will Seattle for their $650 million.

Totally.

Like I said I'd take $38,000,000 to let Vegas or Seattle be "competitive".

Plus...you can't be old school and new school at the same time.

Expansion teams need to suck....OK

Take off your half shield and take out the two line pass.

Why do they have to suck? Because that's what we did in 1998? Nope.

But expansion teams can suck tonight.

Edited by Chris12345

2 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

Kinda blows my mind to think that there are only 8 teams left fighting for the Cup, and the Canucks are one of them.

I may need extra strong medication of it's a VAN vs BOS final again.

Looks real good, doesn't it?   No TO, no Oilers, no Flames...  We'll pretend we don't see Boston.

image.png

• Vintage 1

24 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

No it’s not fire Green 

We have not had our star players take this extra attention to detail(compete game)in a very long time. Unfortunately some of our stars in the past thought it was somebody else's job to play defense. This is one of the reasons this version of the team will go farther in the playoffs. This goes for our other star players as well. Hughes is just on a whole new level and he is still just a rookie. We are now getting players who are coming with "Complete" games in their repetoire. Yes we are Lucky.