The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Arizona/OEL

mll

10 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

There is a tremendous amount of pressure allegedly coming from the owner to offload it.

Source?  I’ve yet to see an actual insider communicate that.  Just fans assuming.  Regardless.  If the owner is concerned about actual dollars then 90% of the deals suggested actually send more real money to Arizona (when you factor in they’ve already paid half his salary this year).  

Im not saying there isn’t an appetite to move him. But the concept that hey must move him now at any cost seems misplaced.  He was willing to move this offseason.  What’s to say the same won’t be true next year? 

21 minutes ago, Maddogy said:

So far Jim Benning has been very steadfast and assertive when it comes to UFA negotiations. I am impressed. I hope the same approach is applied towards trade negotiations. I will however be against this trade and I will berate Jim Benning publicly if any of the following transpire:

- Louie Eriksson's contract is not part of the deal;

- Jack Rathbone is part of the deal;

- Vancouver gives up both a 1st round pick and in addition a 2nd round pick; or

- Brock Boeser is part of the deal.

So unless the trade goes perfectly, all in Vancouver's favour, you're going to constantly spam the board with Jim-hate? That's not how negotiations work.

Should I just put you on ignore now?

9 minutes ago, HKSR said:

"Remains an option"?  Time for Benning to say adios and good luck with that huge contract for several more years with a player that now knows you don't want him on the team lol

ARZ's GM is just doing his job. He's got time left , which he's using, and he's attempting to see if anyone will blink. They may or may not. Then he either takes what's on the table, or he doesn't.

People just need to calm down and wait for things to unfold...:rolleyes:

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, qwijibo said:

Source?  I’ve yet to see an actual insider communicate that.  Just fans assuming.  Regardless.  If the owner is concerned about actual dollars then 90% of the deals suggested actually send more real money to Arizona (when you factor in they’ve already paid half his salary this year).  

Well, we send them Eriksson, Sutter, Baertschi and a 1st. How much "real" money is that exactly? 1 year of Sutter and 2 years Eriksson with less than his cap owed? Baertschi probably sits on IR.

Just now, gizmo2337 said:

Well, we send them Eriksson, Sutter, Baertschi and a 1st. How much "real" money is that exactly? 1 year of Sutter and 2 years Eriksson with less than his cap owed? Baertschi probably sits on IR.

Baertschi is not sitting on IR.  He's healthy and played last season in the AHL.

2 minutes ago, aGENT said:

So unless the trade goes perfectly, all in Vancouver's favour, you're going to constantly spam the board with Jim-hate? That's not how negotiations work.

Should I just put you on ignore now?

ARZ's GM is just doing his job. He's got time left , which he's using, and he's attempting to see if anyone will blink. They may or may not. Then he either takes what's on the table, or he doesn't.

People just need to calm down and wait for things to unfold...:rolleyes:

the only thing that might work in the Canucks favour is if Boston is just using this as leverage with Krug's camp. 

Since its now very clear JIm is happy to let all our UFAs go test the market, he has no urgency to force this deal. I have no doubt Jim has a "fair" offer on the table and is in a take it or leave it kind of mood. 

By this time tomorrow we could have Wennberg, Barrie and Duclair wearing blue and green :lol: or OEL. Or _____________. Fun times. 

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, gizmo2337 said:

For this year.

Sutter $3.5m

Eriksson $1m

Baertschi $2.4m 

So sending them $6.9m in real dollars this season for 3 cap dumps.

Or they can just keep the far better player in OEL for $4m and come back to the idea of trading him next year before the bonus’s are paid 

Edited by qwijibo

4 minutes ago, Robert Long said:

the only thing that might work in the Canucks favour is if Boston is just using this as leverage with Krug's camp. 

Since its now very clear JIm is happy to let all our UFAs go test the market, he has no urgency to force this deal. I have no doubt Jim has a "fair" offer on the table and is in a take it or leave it kind of mood. 

By this time tomorrow we could have Wennberg, Barrie and Duclair wearing blue and green :lol: or OEL. Or _____________. Fun times. 

No &^@#ing Barrie Jim :angry: Get over it.

:P

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

My guess is the Yotes would prefer to ship him out of conference so the trade doesn’t come back to haunt them.

Maybe they even take less to do so.

Best thing to happen would be the Bruins re-signing Krug today.

Ya. But the only thing left to haunt that franchise is some kind of grass fungas that effects the golf greens in the state of Arizona. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, aGENT said:

I’d rather take our chances on youth if a trade doesn’t happen. Screw free agency. See where we at next year. But who know what the heck will happen 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

For those that think this is not a "real" cash dump:

"If this is a pure cash-dump on the part of the always-broke Coyotes, who are under new ownership once again and are reportedly behind on payments to the arena manager, perhaps that deal works for them."
https://985thesportshub.com/2020/09/30/the-starting-ask-on-a-potential-deal-for-coyotes-oliver-ekman-larsson-seems-doable/

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/local/glendale/2020/09/17/az-coyotes-behind-payments-city-hasnt-seen-its-share-money/3480642001/

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

My guess is the Yotes would prefer to ship him out of conference so the trade doesn’t come back to haunt them.

Maybe they even take less to do so.

Best thing to happen would be the Bruins re-signing Krug today.

I am not sure why Krug wouldn't take that long term offer from Boston that was reported. That is a good chunk of change during a flat cap FA imo. Seems like he might want a fresh start or to move closer to home for family reasons?

7 minutes ago, aGENT said:

dunno man... all the talking heads say there's mutual interest.... 

yeah not my preference, but I do think its somewhere on their option list. 

1 minute ago, gizmo2337 said:

For those that think this is not a "real" cash dump:

"If this is a pure cash-dump on the part of the always-broke Coyotes, who are under new ownership once again and are reportedly behind on payments to the arena manager, perhaps that deal works for them."
https://985thesportshub.com/2020/09/30/the-starting-ask-on-a-potential-deal-for-coyotes-oliver-ekman-larsson-seems-doable/

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/local/glendale/2020/09/17/az-coyotes-behind-payments-city-hasnt-seen-its-share-money/3480642001/

Exactly why LE goes back in any deal for OEL.  Close cap hit for 2 yrs, but way less actual $$

• Vintage 1

Just now, Devron44 said:

I’d rather take our chances on youth if a trade doesn’t happen. Screw free agency. See where we at next year. But who know what the heck will happen 

Not only take chance on youth but if everything fails stock up on picks.

Trade for MAF, taking his full cap hit for 1st, 2nd, etc. 

Trade Pearson 1/2 retained for Killorn. Aim for Foote and good pick. 

if we try to get any FA aim for the younger ones on short term deals like maybe Wennberg on a show me deal. 

Stock up for 2021. Trade up to draft Luke Hughes. 

IMO that would be the best out of a worse case scenario. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

Just now, Canuckster86 said:

I am not sure why Krug wouldn't take that long term offer from Boston that was reported. That is a good chunk of change during a flat cap FA imo. Seems like he might want a fresh start or to move closer to home for family reasons?

Seems like a lot of free agents are putting pressure on their teams and waiting till the last minute.

Wouldn’t surprise me if he took a deal with slightly more salary today.

2 minutes ago, Robert Long said:

dunno man... all the talking heads say there's mutual interest.... 

yeah not my preference, but I do think its somewhere on their option list. 

Since when do we listen to those idiots Jim? Did Squam take over your account? :P

• Haha 1