The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vegas Golden Knights at Vancouver Canucks | Sept. 03, 2020 | Series tied 3-3

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

6 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

I've said that from game one....especially when they're behind.  People think it's just that they're "big and fast" but, behind the play, that's often what's happening.  We actually took a high sticking penalty because they had a hold on a stick and when it was let go it snapped up.  They also like to run players with late hits that go unnoticed.  If things were called, they'd be shorthanded a whole lot.

There game is definitely built for playoff hockey, and give them credit they’ve definitely done an admirable job finding the line.   EP got tackled - definitely a regular season call - same game Edler did a lunging full body cross-check, knocked his guy down and layed on top of him - no call too.   Both teams have done a good job finding the edge.  Still feel the zebras were doing there best to find an even up goal call last night - which is tragically unprofessional- that said they’ve called the most important ones for the most part and wouldn’t say it’s been a poorly called series.   MIN ... that was bad playoff reffing -  no playoff game should be 50% special teams unless it’s gone completely out of hand. 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

Just now, IBatch said:

There game is definitely built for playoff hockey, and give them credit they’ve definitely done an admirable job finding the line.   EP got tackled - definitely a regular season call - same game Edler did a lunging full body cross-check, knocked his guy down and layed on top of him - no call too.   Both teams have done a good job finding the edge.  Still feel the zebras were doing there best to find an even up goal call last night - which is tragically unprofessional- that said they’ve called the most important ones for the most part and wouldn’t say it’s been a poorly called series.   MIN ... that was bad playoff reffing -  no playoff game should be 50% special teams unless it’s gone completely out of hand. 

Well said.  

I think the issue is the inconsistency when you compare some of the calls we take and what is "on/over" the line with them that gets missed.  But I feel it's evened out lately and really am not complaining...I'd prefer them to let things go because it really allows for some exciting/fast moving hockey.

And I see our guys "fighting back" and using some of the same tactics in the last two games.  Dish it out as well as take it.  Playoffs for sure...a dogfight.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Or, stand and scream at the TV while waving a towel and doing high kicks and twirls.  Maybe an occasional front flip.

Works for me.  Not sure about my neighbours though. 

I apologized to my neighbour yesterday for my screams....he said "no worries...I stream the games and am a second or two behind you and sometimes get preoccupied...if I hear you and your cowbell I know something happened and to watch for it!"  :lol:

Years ago watching a road playoff game from home our family (wife and two sons) made so much noise the neighbors called to see if everything was OK. Told them the game was on, they are also fans but forgot and then they got in on it.

Nothing better than playoff hockey!

Edited by Danvilleshark
  • Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

51 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

It feels nice getting support from other team’s fans.

Cheers.

It's unfamiliar territory...:unsure: Do I need to change my avatar? Even the media had been largely supportive... I'm scared.

18 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Largely agreed (particularly the bolded). That high sticking call on Roussel the other night that @debluvscanucks referred to, was garbage though. At least call the high stick AND the hold.

Edited by aGENT
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

I honestly didn't have too much of an issue with the refs.  I know some of you will hate me for it, but Vegas is a team that plays physical and looks for physical engagement/altercations.  All the little cross checks and hits are mostly within the confines of the game, it just doesn't look good to the opposing team's fans.  

The only issue with reffing is that they started letting the teams play too much, meaning that all the hooks and slashes were getting called less and less as the series went along.  

Now, onto the more important topic...  @Gnarcore already gave me a good Pina Colada recipe to start with.  Anyone else got their own they wanna share?  

53 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Or, stand and scream at the TV while waving a towel and doing high kicks and twirls.  Maybe an occasional front flip.

Works for me.  Not sure about my neighbours though. 

I apologized to my neighbour yesterday for my screams....he said "no worries...I stream the games and am a second or two behind you and sometimes get preoccupied...if I hear you and your cowbell I know something happened and to watch for it!"  :lol:

Oh my god, I noticed screaming yesterday when I was watching the game (streaming alone at home... womp, womp) ....  and then my stream showed it like 20 seconds later!  

Felt good though! Almost made it kind of more exciting as it was our 2nd goal when things weren't looking good for us!  

1 hour ago, janisahockeynut said:

I think the thing that impresses me most is to see the adjustments Pettersson and Hughes 

have made to open their games up, with all the heavy pressure, and physical contact

The other thing that impresses me, is how Thatcher has come in and stayed so focused.

The kids and the veterans have melded, and are playing with unity.......something that out weighs skill or size.

What a learning environment!

I wish Hoglander, Podkolzin, Lind, and DiPietro were allowed to be in the bubble, like Rathbone is/was?

It would have given them a very good measuring stick!

Just love watching this! I have to thank the NHL for making it happen. (For what ever reasons!)

Yes yes yes!  Haha this has been a great year for our young guys.  The losing culture was only given a couple of years to come by, but was kicked out before it could even take it's coat off and settle in (a look at Edmonton for a decade and the present Buffalo team will show you that talent can't always overcome a losing culture).  

Question:  Does anyone have a roster of everyone that is in the bubble?  I'm curious to see if any of the young guys are hanging out with the team?  

I don't think that Rathbone is with the team.  To my understanding, the three d-men besides Benn are:  Juolevi, Rafferty and Chatfield (10 d-men total)  

For the forwards, Lind is not with the team (he was one of the last forward cuts). I can't think of any other young forwards that made the cut except for Bailey...  but I haven't been able to find the full list. 

This series reminds me a bit of the 2011 Boston series where Luongo had 2 shutouts and we lost and a lot of fans turned on Luongo.  Vegas is turning on Lehner now its interesting to be on the other side. Hopefully we get the same result as Boston did. Vegas fans will be demanding the team is torn apart.

This series reminds me a bit of the 2011 Boston series where Luongo had 2 shutouts and we lost and a lot of fans turned on Luongo.  Vegas is turning on Lehner now its interesting to be on the other side. Hopefully we get the same result as Boston did. Vegas fans will be demanding the team is torn apart.

7 hours ago, babych said:

Yep. That 2011 was perhaps one of the most unlikeable group of players ever assembled, lol!

I loved that team... we all did, I suspect. But that 2011 team did the impossible in turning the Bruins into the babyfaces of that series. I mean, a team with Ratboy, Chara, etc being the fan favorites? Yikes...

This group of players, otoh, is VERY likeable. We have an amazing collection of talented and hard working kids. 

I love this team.

Ya I'm a bit of a hypocrite. I loved that teams core and guys like Torres and Lappy loved to tow the line. But I think Van still played within the confine of the rules, but got a lot of reputation type calls.

Vegas go out looking to injure and are giant Dbags.

• Like 1