The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vegas Golden Knights at Vancouver Canucks | Sept. 03, 2020 | Series tied 3-3

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

7 hours ago, fanfor42 said:

This is now incredible. If Demko can do it again we move on to the final 4.

If he can't it's gonna be what could have been and a lot of people are gonna feel we were so close to great things. 

Tough for Demko tomorrow. Incredibly tough. 

His team needs to rise up and score 1 more than  vegas.  

4 to 3 nux should do it.

We ARE. close to a great thing.

• Like 2

How do you win a game when skating 5 (or4) on 7 all game? Thatcher Demko.  Wow the refs really tried to get LV back in that one.

Demko has looked amazing.  Looks so soft and absorbs everything.  He looks overly aggressive when challenging the shooters at times but he moves so quickly getting back it works.  I don't remember him being that laterally quick.  

JT Miller was an absolute beast that game.  He was disrupting plays everywhere and was moving the puck well.

LV is so good at getting their sticks on passes, it was nice to see the guys moving their feet more and skating the puck in the zone a little more.  This game felt a lot closer played than game 5 when the refs didn't intervene.

Love to see Jake get one.  Hope he is good to go tonight.  

LV is going to come out flying and I expect we will see something really dirty against on of our stars in the first half of the first.

Edited by DrJockitch
  • Cheers 1

7 hours ago, You Mad Bro? said:

Vegas’ lack of respect for their opponent is incredible 

This is our hockey god ammunition during this season and the playoffs so far.   Starting with the JT Miller medium broil media fracas - then the Doughty “losing to a team like that” (was the score 8-2?) comment, then  St Louis, especially after losing two in a row (we were done then remember - nobody thought we had a chance including quite a few on this forum) and later it was just luck we beat them not much respect or shade thrown our way from both St Louis or the media...and of course the Vegas Golden chirpy cocky chumps.    Demko had some sort of ward around his net last night - his posts and his opponents missing on great opportunities (including the net entirely on a few dandies) ... bet they thought when Markstrom went down they had it in the bag.   Don’t think they have a better game in them then they’ve played the last two - and now we have the momentum, they won’t get great sleeps thinking about Demko and how stupid they are starting to look.   Cockiness is fine.   Until it back-fires and it’s not nearly as cool as swagger, which this team has in spades.   Thanks hockey gods or whatever witch put a spell on Demko’s net last night. 

Stone mimicking DeBoar after last game - need more bodies infront of Demko... well guess what Lehner isn’t allowed to cross the center line.   They can’t do anything more other then take a suspension and run Demko. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, oldnews said:

Faceoff %:

Beagle 61

Miller 67

Sutter 67

Horvat 63

Absolutely filthy. Such a handy thing to be dominant at as an organization. Like, all 4 centres are elite, and half the wingers can go 40-50% too. Crazy. 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Me_ said:

We ARE. close to a great thing.

Expectations keep going up...now firmly in the legends portion of our history books - we will be talking about this playoffs for decades now, fourth best run ever,  a half dozen storylines etc.  We are one game away from this being an even greater thing for sure.  It’s already great.   Last night was maybe the single most impressive goaltending performance I’ve seen since the Luongo Turco series, and our best playoff SO ever, well factually in league history facing elimination, definitely up there with KM game 1 NYR game given how much the ice was tilted.   One game away from again surpassing the best TO has managed the last 50 years too ha ha.  

• Vintage 1

7 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

Look at those Carey Price numbers. He's going to be the Vezina winner next season now that he has a legit backup and won't have to play 65 games again..

50 to 55 games and Price will be lights out..

I’m living in Montreal right now, and this could not be more accurate. Every reporter/analyst who visits 690AM has been pining for a legit backup. It will really boost the Habs. You can really tell that Carey needs a break every now and then. Dude’s an absolute horse for them.

If their young players play as well next year as they did this postseason they will be very good. Nice to know our young players in Van are even better, and our goalies are no scrubs either. Exciting times for these two teams. 

Edited by Schmutzhaken
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Tre Mac said:

Crazy win, watching that game @ 1-0 wasn't an enjoyable experience for me tbh, that was stressful.

Go Nucks!

Yes at one point I posted i needed a defibrillator close by.   Hope tonight we can score a couple quick ones on them - it’s the only time other then our good start in the first that I notice cracks noticeably start occurring in their otherwise spotless positioning and team structure.  

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, 24K PureCool said:

Hey just remembered, this team is already a top 4 team in Canucks history and we still ain't even close to our prime. 

Ladies and gentleman, think I need to buy a truckload of shades cause the future is way too bright. 

Not yet. Still have a little work to match West Coast Express era's peak. Leading by 2 in the 2nd would do it. Top 5 though. Unlike that team, this team hasn't lead at any point of their second round series. 

29 minutes ago, Schmutzhaken said:

Absolutely filthy. Such a handy thing to be dominant at as an organization. Like, all 4 centres are elite, and half the wingers can go 40-50% too. Crazy. 

The malholtra effect. So glad we managed to keep him here rather than him going to mini or somewhere 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

24 minutes ago, Ben Kenobi said:

Not yet. Still have a little work to match West Coast Express era's peak. Leading by 2 in the 2nd would do it. Top 5 though. Unlike that team, this team hasn't lead at any point of their second round series. 

This is already clearly a better run than the WCE teams ever achieved.  They've matched the one year WCE actually won a round and they won an extra round on top of it to get there.  And they've come back from 3-1 for a game 7 instead of blowing 3-1 for a game 7.  Earning a game 7 from behind is at least as good as losing a lead to have a game 7.  It might be better and there's no way it's worse.

The WCE blowing a lead in game 7 of round 2 doesn't add to the achievement.

Edited by Kevin Biestra
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1