The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Vegas Golden Knights | Sept. 04, 2020 | Golden Knights win series 4-3

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

4 minutes ago, khay said:

I think Newell should be let go.

I think he is a good PP coach but he somehow cannot adjust during the playoffs. But then, what are the alternatives? Before Newell, our PP was even worse.

Yeah should have taken a time out before the 5 minute pp and made a plan or you know tried something different when the same ol thing wasn't doing working, as soon as a team stands up or pressures us we cant do anything.

1 minute ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Isn't that on Brown rather than Green?

Green oversees everything, so he should share the blame. My primary concern with Green is his stubbornness and inability to adapt. That said, he was growing on me for the previous two rounds. Like the team overall I think minor adjustments are necessary. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

It's gonna be interesting to see what our team looks like next season. Juolevi in instead of Fanta? Hopefully Big Mac gets more time. We could have used an answer for Reeves and he's probably our toughest player in terms of fighting. All Roussel did was wake up Lehner and Reeves cause he was no real threat to either. 

Just now, shazzam said:

we really didn't pressure anyone in the defensive zone. We just let them shot and try to block it. That was the strategy at even strength and PK.

Yes we collapsed down low and tried to block shots and shooting lanes 

it works at times but the down side is you don’t get possession so end up with prolonged pressure and prolonged shifts 

• Vintage 1

On 8/31/2020 at 1:15 AM, Apricot said:

Alright so I’m being realistic here,

I don’t see us winning 3 in a row against Vegas. This does NOT mean that I am giving up on this team because that would never ever happen, I’m just looking at the situation. Situation meaning Marky is exhausted and having to play all remaining games because they’re elimination, including a back-to-back, its going to take a toll on him and while he is a professional for sure, at one point exhaustion gets to anyone. On top of that, Vegas is a really really good team and I can’t see them losing three in a row, I can see Lehner stealing them a game since he’s had a break. Obviously I could be wrong, and I truly hope I am wrong because nothing would make me happier, but in my mind I consider this series to be over. I see us winning game 5, but losing in game 6. Again I could be wrong, but whatever happens, just know that I am incredibly proud of these boys. 

Well CDC don’t cancel me or consider me a bandwagoner because y’all know I’m not. Goodnight folks, I’ll see you all on Tuesday! 

Also, I am so glad I was so wrong about this and we took it to game 7. 

2 minutes ago, Tystick said:

It's still a fact. 

We had every opportunity to win tonight but we didn't have the depth or experience to get it done.

They're built to win.

We're not there yet, but we can expect playoffs from here on out.

lol they are built to win... 

They just entered the league 3 years ago... Our rebuild is at least since 2014. Stop making exuses to feel better. 

• Wat 1

I have to say, we came into this with one of the worse defensive corps, but they actually came together and put in a solid effort in these play offs. Especially under the constant onslaught of Vegas.  Cheers to the Defenders.

• Upvote 1

Just now, StealthNuck said:

Green oversees everything, so he should share the blame. My primary concern with Green is his stubbornness and inability to adapt. That said, he was growing on me for the previous two rounds. Like the team overall I think minor adjustments are necessary. 

Exactly. If he knew the team was this gassed, why not throw in guys like Mac or Bailey or Rafferty? 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, StealthNuck said:

My thoughts:

Demko is the goalie of the future. It sucks to let Marky go, but it needs to be done. There will be some decent cheap backups available. 

Toffoli might not be necessary. If we need to decide between the two, Boeser clearly stays. 

The bottom 6 needs a hard look. They contributed little offensively beyond one great game; the value is not there. We should add some youth and scoring. I hate Vegas but the team is built well with 4 lines that contribute. The days of meat and potatoes are over. 

Get something for Jake if we can. Both sides need a fresh start. 

*Also coaching. Green deserves some time but I wasn't impressed with him this round. The PP also killed us. 

Roussel did not offer what he was required to offer. I wouldn't be opposed to shipping him off. Virtanen saved one of his worst games as a Canuck for tonight. I've backed him for years, but... I think it's time to call it done. We have enough younger guys who can do exactly what he does without the distractions. He'll be 25 next year, and unlikely to get any better or smarter.

Beagle showed up big, but he always does. Eriksson was invisible out there tonight. Motte is a machine, Sutter should probably have his bags packed at this point as well.

Yes, I know Eriksson wasn't out there and that was a joke. I hate the fact I have to say that.

Our PP coach needs to go away. Far away. Maybe to Vegas.

Demko is a better /more naturally talented goalie than Markstrom. Marky is "trained better" and a bigger goalie (like Bishop, imo), but I think Demko's gotta stick - Or if he'd take it (doubtful) a 1 year deal from Markstrom to verify / get it through to the expansion draft.

Go Stars.

• Cheers 1