The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Vegas Golden Knights | Sept. 04, 2020 | Golden Knights win series 4-3

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, MikeyD said:

Is anybody worried we instilled a loser's mentality this series? The team basically rolled over and nearly died and were using their final breaths to pray to Demko to save the team.

They didn't even try to forecheck/score/hit/have offensive zone pressure for over half a series. I don't know what we could possibly learn from losing that way. Maybe looking at Vegas and how they managed to make their own team lay down and give up like that? 

Nope. We would if we lost to the Blues in 6. This team is completely gassed. There was nothing left. We probably would have won if the game was tomorrow. Blame Bettman, NBC, and the Kentucky Derby. I for one will never watch a freaking horse race ever in my life.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, naslund.is.king said:

No.

Not even in the top 10 of all time

Time can change that

Luongo

Horvat

Sedins

Bertuzzi

Ehrhoff

Brodeur

Mclean 

Ronning

like i said time can change things but Canucks have had good trades 

wayyy to early

7 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

Miller was excellent all playoffs in all ways.

Best Canucks trade since... Naslund? 

Better explanation 

4 minutes ago, StealthNuck said:

My thoughts:

Demko is the goalie of the future. It sucks to let Marky go, but it needs to be done. There will be some decent cheap backups available. 

Toffoli might not be necessary. If we need to decide between the two, Boeser clearly stays. 

The bottom 6 needs a hard look. They contributed little offensively beyond one great game; the value is not there. We should add some youth and scoring. I hate Vegas but the team is built well with 4 lines that contribute. The days of meat and potatoes are over. 

Get something for Jake if we can. Both sides need a fresh start. 

*Also coaching. Green deserves some time but I wasn't impressed with him this round. The PP also killed us. 

Isn't that on Brown rather than Green?

Team just ran out of gas.  No shame in the loss tonight.

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Cheers 1

Just now, 24K PureCool said:

Nope. We would if we lost to the Blues in 6. This team is completely gassed. There was nothing left. We probably would have won if the game was tomorrow. Blame Bettman, NBC, and the Kentucky Derby. I for one will never watch a freaking horse race ever in my life.

You don't think being gassed is completely self-inflicted though? 

Just now, kurtis said:

This is what is said every 10 years. 

It's still a fact. 

We had every opportunity to win tonight but we didn't have the depth or experience to get it done.

They're built to win.

We're not there yet, but we can expect playoffs from here on out.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Trebreh said:

yes i don't think the Canucks battled at all, they were playing scared, paid too much respect for the knights. 

That’s pretty much my main issue with this series. Game 5,6,7...the Canucks just give way too much respect. It’s clearly in their gameplan. They panic with the puck and fumble it so much because they think at every point ever they’ll be under pressure. And a lot of times they were. A lot of times they had time and space and would make a play as if they were under immediate pressure.

The constant throwing the puck away in all zones of the ice regardless of being pressured or not. The constant dumping in with absolutely no forecheck, even in situations where they have time and space to carry it in. I’d really love to see how much the Canucks carried the puck into the offensive zone in games 5-7. It has to be one of the lowest totals in 3 consecutive games in recent history. 

They respected Vegas way too god damn much and it literally resulted in them playing worse as I can’t count how often this team made blind passes or straight up fumbled the puck. 

• Like 1
  • Wat 2
  • Huggy Bear 1

Someone has to be fired? I used to wonder why us Canucks fans got such a bad rap, but now I get it. These guys just completely exceeded expectations, beat the Stanley Cup champs, took the likely eventual Stanley cup winners to game 7, and someone has to be fired? What a frustrating market to play in. Appreciate that these guys just gave us a ton of fun and normalcy, at a time when that’s exactly what we need. This is the start of something special, so give your head a shake and appreciate the ride you just enjoyed.

• Cheers 4

2 minutes ago, khay said:

I think Newell should be let go.

I think he is a good PP coach but he somehow cannot adjust during the playoffs. But then, what are the alternatives? Before Newell, our PP was even worse.

I've never seen a PP thats so reliant on point shots. its so irritating. a man advantage should mean just that.. advantage, but instead we took low percentage passes back to the point and the Knights picked up on it. 

2 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

They know we only play Hughes up high and he is the qb when we have possession the take away his shot and cut off his 2 passing lanes 

we didn’t pressure Theodore and they are smart enough to actually shoot on their pp 

we really didn't pressure anyone in the defensive zone. We just let them shot and try to block it. That was the strategy at even strength and PK.