The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Alex Pietrangelo to test free agency

3 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

It’s funny because The Vegas D core didn’t seem to be their problem last season,.  I thought it was goaltending all along?

Center depth in my opinion. There centers are just "ok" at where they slot in imho. I think they should improve that over their D. This whole AP thing to me seems kind of desperate like when SanJose missed out on Tavares. SanJose backs up the truck for Tavares, misses out,  then backs up the truck for a dman.

• Cheers 1

I would look at a deal of Gaudette + Pick for Tuch. Vegas would be able to save $2M+ on cap and have a Gaudette as a 3rd line winger putting up 0.5PPG and a pick. Canucks get a big winger with speed and good takeaway numbers who would look good with Horvat. We also wouldn't need to sign Toffoli and the Canucks can then focus solely on our RD problem.

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

How about we take MAF off their hands plus Cody Glass.

Then flip Fleury at 50%.

That’s probably the deal on the table. MAF and Glass for a pick. It’s the only way they can fit Pietrangelo under the cap and also get rid of their goalie issue. 

If I was Detroit I’d be all over that. 

22 minutes ago, oldnews said:

They gave up 2 x 2nds for him....

I imagine Boston would outbid what I'd pay for him - but if it's another war of avoidance, send him our way lol

He doesn't fit with us, but Boston could get him and likely for cheap if they are clearing cap space

If AP does sign, I'm sure Vegas has something already lined up for another team to take MAF off their hands with no retention. 

Doubt any teams with cap space would turn down MAF + 1st 2021 + 2nd 2021 for future considerations. 

13 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

With what capspace?

Hope all the GM collectively just block Vegas' phone number and make them deal with being non-cap compliant.

I'd help them out by taking Theodore off their hands :ph34r: They need a center? Perfect we got a perfectly shiny Gaudette. Just sell them on that Kesler upside he has.

• Cheers 1