The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jacob Truscott | D

GoldenAlien

On 7/30/2021 at 9:57 AM, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

He started the tourney as the third pairing guy, but today looks like the first pairing for team USA.

Not a sexy prospect/pick but considering how a lot of our defensive prospects are offensively oriented, its nice to know that he has a very steady defensive game. He is a guy to keep an eye on.

Don't let @Alflives see this game roster...he's going to lose his marbles when he sees Scott Morrow of the Carolina Hurricanes as one of the US players in the line up, a player he was touting as one of the best options for Jim Benning in the second round.

I should also add that @Alflives views on players are worth listening to, even though he claims to use his crystal ball.  I think @Alflives is secretly the reincarnation of Elmer Benning.

Edited by bigbadcanucks
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, bigbadcanucks said:

Don't let @Alflives see this game roster...he's going to lose his marbles when he sees Scott Morrow of the Carolina Hurricanes as one of the US players in the line up, a player he was touting as one of the best options for Jim Benning in the second round.

He was a great option. I don't think any one saw Klimovich on the horizon, Morrow was the safe pick ( but one pick ahead of the Canucks) Klimovich was off the board and a huge gamble. I have to tip my cap to JB he had the Kahoonies to make that call.

Edited by Fred65

On 7/30/2021 at 3:20 PM, bigbadcanucks said:

I should also add that @Alflives views on players are worth listening to, even though he claims to use his crystal ball.  I think @Alflives is secretly the reincarnation of Elmer Benning.

Carolina, like the Canucks with goalies- are always making sure they are drafting a RHD in every draft.

On 7/30/2021 at 7:20 PM, bigbadcanucks said:

Morrow was gone before we selected.  

can’t have what wasn’t there to be had,

• 2 weeks later...

Chris Faber’s prospects update:

Jacob Truscott, 2020 5th Round Pick

It’s been a busy offseason for defenceman Jacob Truscott. He was invited to play in the World Junior Summer Showcase for USA’s Team White and played well in the tournament despite not chalking up any points. It’s still a long shot for him to make USA’s World Junior team but he got to show his playstyle to the coaching staff last month.

Truscott will be back with Michigan for his sophomore season this fall. They are set to begin their season in late October.

https://canucksarmy.com/2021/08/10/what-hearing-canucks-prospects-fabers-august-update/

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Truscott still showing one assist on the stats feed from Michigan’s 7-1 win tonight but I think they’ll eventually take that away.

It’s on the 4-0 goal, which they still have listed as Lambert (from Hughes and Truscott), but it should be Ciccolini’s goal, from Lambert and Hughes (Truscott would have the “third assist”).

Anyway, he’ll probably still pick up his fair share of points this season if he stays partnered with Luke Hughes on Michigan’s second pairing.

Looks like Truscott-Hughes will be Michigan’s second pairing to start the season. Remained partners for the season opener:

No points again for Truscott.

@Grape are you watching games this season? I don’t have much time this year for college hockey, and haven’t watched a full Wolverines game yet, but was wondering if you had any early observations on how Truscott has looked?

Edited by SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME