2 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

VAN had 6 picks and drafted all 6 positions, a nice mix

RW/C - Klimovich

G - Koskenvuo

RD - Myrenberg

LD/RD - Gabrielsson

C/RW - Lockhart

LW - Forsell

Oh wow didn’t even clue in. Yea that is a nice mix.

Also a good mix of size and skill. Seems like we’re not afraid to go with smaller guys if they have the motor to go with it.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Upvote 2

Honestly. A bit of a yawner of a draft. I didn't care much for the panel covering it. Not the same without the draft floor and people in the stands. We draft no kids from the WHL, again. No first or third, ouch. Our time was Friday morning and I'm fine with the moves made. We have to start swimming in the deep end while Bo and JT are in their prime. Really need to start keeping our picks moving forward though and our second is already gone for next year. Good luck to the new Canuck prospects.

How the hell did Trevor Wong go undrafted? He was a PPG player on the Rockets and was projected as a 2nd/3rd round pick. I hope the Canucks sign Wong as an undrafted player. He's going to be good and the only reason teams passed on him was because he's "small", stupid. Haven't teams learned that size isn't everything?!?

1 minute ago, Quantum said:

How the hell did Trevor Wong go undrafted? He was a PPG player on the Rockets and was projected as a 2nd/3rd round pick. I hope the Canucks sign Wong as an undrafted player. He's going to be good and the only reason teams passed on him was because he's "small", stupid. Haven't teams learned that size isn't everything?!?

Well considering how many teams selected Small forwards Id imagine there's something more there that they don't like than just size...

I wouldn't mind Wong myself but I'm not going to get angry imposing that I know better than 32 teams ^_^

• RoughGame 1

Two players with legit NHL upside.  Not sure about the RHD in the 5th.  He has a legit glaring hole in his game that will stop his progress if he can’t skate backwards.  That said, this club has a history of taking players with skating issues and have shown to help correct technical issues in Horvat, Brock and others. 

not sure if this skating help works on D men,  OJ should let us know this year.  Lol.  

Just now, Phat Fingers said:

Two players with legit NHL upside.  Not sure about the RHD in the 5th.  He has a legit glaring hole in his game that will stop his progress if he can’t skate backwards.  That said, this club has a history of taking players with skating issues and have shown to help correct technical issues in Horvat, Brock and others. 

not sure if this skating help works on D men,  OJ should let us know this year.  Lol.  

The goalie, Clark.  Nuff said, and Klim.  He could be dynamic or not, but wow if he can show his moxie in the Q and stack up against some company.  

24 minutes ago, Trebreh said:

this is how our defence prospect depth look like after the draft.

Gabrielson - Persson
Jurmo - Truscott
____ - Myrenberg

Woo too!  

that would also mean that Hughes OJ and Rathbone made the leap.  Have to look at things from different point of view.  There is college FA.  Don’t worry they will sign a 24 year old rookie phenomenon and you will become star struck again.  Only to be dashed when they go on unloved and unfairly ignored by JB down the TransCanada.  

Edited by Phat Fingers

Just now, Phat Fingers said:

Woo too!  

that would also mean that Hughes OJ and Rathbone made the leap.  Have to look at things from different point of view.  There is college FA.  Don’t worry they will sign a 24 year old rookie phenomenon and you will become star struck again.  Only to be dashed when they go on unloved and unfairly ignored by JB down the TransCanada.  

Also Utunen… lol. Love woo too.  

• Haha 1