The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2021 NHL Entry Draft

Noble 6

Thinking the Canucks have done very well this Draft, considering they were missing the 1st, 3rd and 4th. Made out like bandits with lots of gems.

Ekman-Larsson (30)

Garland (25)

Dickinson (26)

Bowey (26)

Klimovich

Koskenvuo

Myrenberg

Gabrielsson

Lockhart

Forsell

• Cheers 4

Lucas Forsell, LW, 6’0″, 165 lbs

Quick Hits: When it comes to passing, Lucas Forsell may be the best I’ve seen in this series of late-round options. He is a confident passer who makes saucer passes look easy. On top of his good passing, he has quick hands in tight and consistently fires a one-timer from the left side of his team’s power play. Forsell was one of the Swedish players who saw their J20 Nationell season be cancelled due to COVID-19 so he doesn’t have a lot of tape from this past season.

He did get to practice with the SHL team after his J20 season ended and he made it into one game where he had five shifts. He didn’t look out of place at all in those five shifts even though he was out of place over on the right wing. Forsell’s effort level in the SHL was a night and day different from his time in J20. That could have come from not playing a hockey game for over 100 days or the excitement from his SHL debut. Either way, he looked impressive in his SHL game after looking like his skating may have question marks surrounding it throughout his time in the J20 league.

Forsell plays a physical game and looks like he has a lot of room to add weight to his current 165-pound frame. Scouts will hope that he is a full-time SHL player next season and will continue to bring the high effort level. He isn’t the fastest skater but he is very agile and can maintain or gain puck possession in traffic while moving around defenders.

Special Traits: An excellent passer with good hands. He is agile but not flat-out fast.

Ranks: #143 by FCHockey and #168 by McKeen’s Hockey

• Thanks 2
  • Vintage 1

considering we were missing a first, a third, and a fourth this year I say we got a slew of prospects that have excellent upside, excellent speed and rounds out organizational depth.

Overall i'm liking this draft a lot in consideration of last year draft seem highly lackluster so there is definitely optimism in all of these guys here

11 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I’d put money on the Finnish goalie being our steal of this draft.

Klimovich and the Finnish goalie will be major steals.  Other guys will likely not make it but you never know.  Good selections at those spots regardless.

• Cheers 1