The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2021 NHL Entry Draft

Noble 6

38 minutes ago, Quantum said:

How the hell did Trevor Wong go undrafted? He was a PPG player on the Rockets and was projected as a 2nd/3rd round pick. I hope the Canucks sign Wong as an undrafted player. He's going to be good and the only reason teams passed on him was because he's "small", stupid. Haven't teams learned that size isn't everything?!?

Is he smaller than the guy we drafted named Lockhart I believe, he is only 5'8 I think

1 hour ago, Quantum said:

How the hell did Trevor Wong go undrafted? He was a PPG player on the Rockets and was projected as a 2nd/3rd round pick. I hope the Canucks sign Wong as an undrafted player. He's going to be good and the only reason teams passed on him was because he's "small", stupid. Haven't teams learned that size isn't everything?!?

Maybe he said the Wong thing during his interviews

• Haha 3
  • Wat 2

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Your 2021 Canucks draftees:

E7GCOWlVoAIKFtL?format=jpg&name=large

I love the first 5 picks haven’t looked into Forsell.

Klimovich looks like a player and the NHL panel had the expressions like “Vancouver got another one”.

Guy tucks NHL level goals. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

23 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Forsell is a super skilled, and hard working winger.  He’s still rather skinny, but is a September birthday.  He’s almost a full year younger than much of the draft.  Born one week later and he’s in next years draft.  

Pretty impressive for a kid that age to already have an SHL game under his belt.

• Cheers 3

46 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Forsell is a super skilled, and hard working winger.  He’s still rather skinny, but is a September birthday.  He’s almost a full year younger than much of the draft.  Born one week later and he’s in next years draft.  

This is a very interesting pick up.

Wish we were having the young stars tourney this year. Bummer!

• Cheers 2

3 hours ago, 204CanucksFan said:

Definitely went heavy on the overseas prospects.

29 Russian players were selected in this draft - this is the best result since 2003 when 30 players were chosen.

Edited by Stierlitz

While I’m here…. At what point does the NHL start considering a way to bump the draft age up a year? I feel like there could be some positives to making a move that gives teams an extra year to watch players as they mature. 

just a thought. 

1 hour ago, J-Dizzle said:

While I’m here…. At what point does the NHL start considering a way to bump the draft age up a year? I feel like there could be some positives to making a move that gives teams an extra year to watch players as they mature. 

just a thought. 

No thanks