The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2021 NHL Entry Draft

Noble 6

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Detroit did the worst.  Horrid picks in round one.  Just stupid by Yzerboy.

Really? I thought Detroit had one of the best drafts. They got the safe pick (albeit unexpected) in Seider in 2019, and then swung for the fences with Edvinsson, envisioning them being a great top pairing, complementing each other's strengths and weaknesses. They got the goalie they wanted in Cossa, who had unreal numbers in the WHL. I also loved their picks of Red Savage and Oscar Plendowski--both great value picks. 

16 hours ago, Bure_Pavel said:

His floor is probably 40 point winger in NHL, Ive seen his shot described as Ovechkin like. He wont ever be an Ovechkin but even having his name mentioned when talking about comparables is pretty impressive. Time will tell. 

we're you reading the one about klimovich shot being Ovechkin like. Or the other 50 prospects with Ovechkin like shots.

18 hours ago, Alflives said:

Columbus did great.  Detroit did the worst.  Horrid picks in round one.  Just stupid by Yzerboy.

Our guy in round two will be the Pastrnak of his draft.  We friggin’ win!  To hell with all the other teams!  Hate ‘em all! :frantic:

really Edvinsson Sieder is going to be scarey. 

I imagine they did their homework on the goalies. Cossa is a beast.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, hammertime said:

really Edvinsson Sieder is going to be scarey. 

I imagine they did their homework on the goalies. Cossa is a beast.

Dumbest pair of dumbos on D coming into the league.  Detroit sucks old smelly socks.  Cossa will bustaroo.  Yzerboy will by ByeZerboy in two years.  Hate that team.  

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, hammertime said:

we're you reading the one about klimovich shot being Ovechkin like. Or the other 50 prospects with Ovechkin like shots.

I read that too. Was either Button or from the NHL.com Kent Johnson vs. Dylan Guenther poll. It's just cus he scores a ton of one-timer goals from that area.

1 hour ago, hammertime said:

I saw one reputable publication (might have been Button) that had Ovechkin listed as his comparable though not just the shot, and again while that is ridiculous I do believe Guenther has the best shot in the draft. At the end of the day he is a winger though and I think we will be OK, as we need Dmen way more. If one of the top 4 Dmen was available I think it would have made this trade alot more uncomfortable.    

Trudeau: Canadiens' selection of Mailloux shows 'lack of judgment'

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau says that as a lifelong Montreal Canadiens fan he's "deeply disappointed" by the team's selection of Logan Mailloux in the NHL draft.

LOL - One can say the same about those that voted for Trudeau!  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Heretic said:

Trudeau: Canadiens' selection of Mailloux shows 'lack of judgment'

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau says that as a lifelong Montreal Canadiens fan he's "deeply disappointed" by the team's selection of Logan Mailloux in the NHL draft.

LOL - One can say the same about those that voted for Trudeau!  

No doubt handcuffed by the other pathetic options out there. 38 million people and those 3 clowns were the best we can do..... Were DOOMED.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

MONTREAL - Canadiens Owner, President and CEO, Geoff Molson, has issued the following letter on the team's decision to draft Logan Mailloux.

Message to everyone impacted by our decision:

I want to share with you my perspective on our decision to select Logan Mailloux in the 2021 NHL Draft. This decision, made in the context of the Draft, turned out to be instantaneously very offensive to many of you.

I understand that you expect more from us and we let you down. The Montreal Canadiens are more than a hockey team. Logan's actions do not reflect the values of our organization and I apologize for the pain this selection has caused. 

First and foremost, regarding the young woman who is the victim, I want to say that we do not minimize what she has had to, and continues to have to, live through. No one, especially not an 18-year-old, should have to suffer through a traumatic experience like this. We are there to support her and her family and respect their privacy.

Our selection of Logan was never intended to be disrespectful towards her or her family, or more generally towards women or other victims of similar situations. Our decision was not intended, in any shape or form, to be an endorsement of the culture of violence against women.  

Logan is a young man who committed a serious transgression. He is genuinely remorseful about the pain he has caused. He is committed to becoming a better person and we will work with him through this process.  

At this stage, it is only our actions that will speak louder than our words.

1. Over the course of the next few months, we will develop in conjunction with local experts, a comprehensive plan to raise awareness and educate young men and young women about this serious issue. We will use our platform and our resources to turn a decision that hurt many people into one that brings meaningful and impactful change.

2. We will support and oversee Logan's commitment to becoming a better person.

3. We have asked Logan not to participate in our rookie or main training camp this fall. Being a player in the NHL is a privilege that is earned - not a right that is granted. As the year progresses, we will reassess Logan's readiness to be part of our organization.

We gave Logan a second chance but in doing so, we failed to properly assess the impact of our decision on the victim and on anyone who have suffered in similar circumstances. Once again, I want to apologize to everyone impacted by our decision. 

I repeat, our actions will speak louder than our words. We will work to continue proving we are an organization this community and our fans can be proud of. 

Lastly, I want to thank everyone that provided their feedback on this situation, including our partners and sponsors, so that this mistake becomes an opportunity to grow and raise awareness. 

Geoff Molson
Owner, President and Chief Executive Officer
Groupe CH

Edited by mll

1 minute ago, mll said:

MONTREAL - Canadiens Owner, President and CEO, Geoff Molson, has issued the following letter on the team's decision to draft Logan Mailloux.

I want to share with you my perspective on our decision to select Logan Mailloux in the 2021 NHL Draft. This decision, made in the context of the Draft, turned out to be instantaneously very offensive to many of you.

I understand that you expect more from us and we let you down. The Montreal Canadiens are more than a hockey team. Logan's actions do not reflect the values of our organization and I apologize for the pain this selection has caused. 

First and foremost, regarding the young woman who is the victim, I want to say that we do not minimize what she has had to, and continues to have to, live through. No one, especially not an 18-year-old, should have to suffer through a traumatic experience like this. We are there to support her and her family and respect their privacy.

Our selection of Logan was never intended to be disrespectful towards her or her family, or more generally towards women or other victims of similar situations. Our decision was not intended, in any shape or form, to be an endorsement of the culture of violence against women.  

Logan is a young man who committed a serious transgression. He is genuinely remorseful about the pain he has caused. He is committed to becoming a better person and we will work with him through this process.  

1. Over the course of the next few months, we will develop in conjunction with local experts, a comprehensive plan to raise awareness and educate young men and young women about this serious issue. We will use our platform and our resources to turn a decision that hurt many people into one that brings meaningful and impactful change.

3. We have asked Logan not to participate in our rookie or main training camp this fall. Being a player in the NHL is a privilege that is earned - not a right that is granted. As the year progresses, we will reassess Logan's readiness to be part of our organization.

We gave Logan a second chance but in doing so, we failed to properly assess the impact of our decision on the victim and on anyone who have suffered in similar circumstances. Once again, I want to apologize to everyone impacted by our decision. 

I repeat, our actions will speak louder than our words. We will work to continue proving we are an organization this community and our fans can be proud of. 

Lastly, I want to thank everyone that provided their feedback on this situation, including our partners and sponsors, so that this mistake becomes an opportunity to grow and raise awareness. 

Geoff Molson
Groupe CH

How about (Habs) renounce your selection, while still committing to doing the other things you’re suggesting?  Otherwise it’s just empty words.  Fire your loser GM too.  

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

Terrible decision to write that letter.

would have been better to say

Logan has done what the Swedish courts ordered him to do.

He has apologized.

He has done what his junior team has asked him to do inregards to counselling.

He will conitinue to strive to be a better person while with us.

We, as a team believe in the rule of law, not the rule of the mob.

We as a team believe in second chances.

We will have no further comment at this time.

They made their decision, have the stones to live with, and stand by it.

• Vintage 1

4 hours ago, mll said:

Geoff Molson
Groupe CH

He definitely ok'd the pick and now is back pedaling. Grow a spine, if you are going to select the kid stand by your pick.  

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Alflives said:

How about (Habs) renounce your selection, while still committing to doing the other things you’re suggesting?  Otherwise it’s just empty words.  Fire your loser GM too.  

Here....spread this: http://chng.it/Vj5fz8fgQk

They need to get the petition out and try and make Molson sweat this a little.

• Like 1