The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2021 IIHF World Junior Championship Thread

Rate this topic

1 minute ago, gurn said:

They are a great  hockey country. Then find out that they have a population of 5.5 million people. Simply amazing!

Since they allowed NHL players at the olympics I think they have the most medals. No gold but they always finish high and I agree the per capital skill is amazing 

I think its ridiculous making the losing team stay to watch the winning team get their medals. Why cant they just play the winning team anthem and then allow losing team to leave then hand out the medals. 

Kinda like making the losing team stay on ice watch the winning team lift the cup. ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS. 

4 minutes ago, DontMessMe said:

I think its ridiculous making the losing team stay to watch the winning team get their medals. Why cant they just play the winning team anthem and then allow losing team to leave then hand out the medals. 

Kinda like making the losing team stay on ice watch the winning team lift the cup. ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS. 

It’s called good sportsmanship 

2 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

It’s called good sportsmanship 

Then why dont they do it for the stanley cup??? Lets have the losing team watch the winning team lift the cup the entire time!!! I personally think shaking hands when safe and listening to the other team's anthem is enough. 

Edited by DontMessMe
  • Thanks 1