The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

9 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Can you tell that to my employer, because if we're sick over 3 days I have to visit the doctor to get a medical note. 

You could always go in sick and then force them to tell you to leave. Coughing all over the boss will help. 

• Cheers 2

The results line is a joke.

luckily, I was able to get in yesterday to give info after multiple attempts trying to direct me to voicemail.

Tried calling again today (trying to be as proactive as possible) only to get hung up on (someone was on the line, I said hello then line dropped) so tried to leave a voicemail....

only to find out that the VM box is full and can no longer take messages. Luckily for me my info is there already, but how about the many people who are anxiously waiting for their results but can’t even get ahold of anyone in the # that was given to them?? 

I was told they were trying to get extra staffing (my results have been delayed an extra 2 days from the initial timeline given to me) but just wondering when that’ll happen... 

I get the lines are backlogged, but at a time like this, would seem like more measures would need to be taken to respond to those who have been ASKED to call the line.

anyways, hope everyone is taking care of themselves.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 2

13 minutes ago, Chicken. said:

What a disgusting hashtag trending on twitter I just noticed. Man social media is toxic

#BoomerRemover 

image.png.b8d12c94ffeca54a643bd0a70c2b493a.png

I mostly see people that agree with me, but for anyone using it as a joke I'll agree with this lady as my parents are also boomers and the main reason this pandemic worries me is for the older folks I care about.

Millennials risk cheap flights amid coronavirus fears

It’s a matter of fun — and affordability — over fear.

As air travel becomes increasingly precarious with flight cancellations and country-wide quarantines amid the coronavirus pandemic, some young people are taking advantage of cheaper tickets.

“I feel like if the coronavirus would get even more serious and like wipe out a large amount of people, I might as well be somewhere having fun,” 20-year-old Ashley Henkel tells NBC of her recent decision to book three cheap summer flights. The resident of California’s Central Valley has decided not to let the virus drive her into self-quarantine, but instead enable her to scratch her itch to travel.

There’s “no fun in staying at home and being all worried,” says Henkel, who’s looking forward to her freshly planned trips to Vancouver, British Columbia, New York and Portland, Ore.

https://nypost.com/2020/03/11/young-people-are-risking-cheap-flights-amid-coronavirus-if-i-die-i-die/

Read a lot of stories like this. The widespread thinking among Millennials is it only kills old people so they'll be fine. Little regard for becoming disease vectors and spreading it among the vulnerable.

• Wat 2

7 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

How about 1 pack of Toilet Paper per family? 

I am a couponer and have a stockpile of items, including TP at home.  All my friends laugh at me, but, you just never know if/when an emergency occurs, better prepared than not.

I am currently on Maui and scheduled to return next week.   It will be interesting to see what procedures are in place at the airport for oncoming flights.   Also wondering if I am going to have to self isolate for two weeks.  

Edited by redhdlois

9 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

How is everyone feeling today?

Sick overnight. Called into work and called my doctor to inform them. Doctor refuses to see me (understandable) so I'm going to figure out how to get paid. My Union has Short Term Disability which requires a doctor's signature. Going to call EI and possibly just self quarantine for the full 14.

1 minute ago, redhdlois said:

I am a couponer and have a stockpile of items, including TP at home.  All my friends laugh at me, but, you just never know if/when an emergency occurs, better prepared than not.

I am currently on Maui and scheduled to return next week.   It will be interesting to see what procedures are in place at the airport for oncoming flights.   Also wondering if I am going to have to self isolate for two weeks.  

Beach living for 2 weeks! :D

11 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

Millennials risk cheap flights amid coronavirus fears

https://nypost.com/2020/03/11/young-people-are-risking-cheap-flights-amid-coronavirus-if-i-die-i-die/

Read a lot of stories like this. The widespread thinking among Millennials is it only kills old people so they'll be fine. Little regard for becoming disease vectors and spreading it among the vulnerable.

Just unbelievable, no regards for anyone. :picard:

• Cheers 2

Just now, Lionized27 said:

Sick overnight. Called into work and called my doctor to inform them. Doctor refuses to see me (understandable) so I'm going to figure out how to get paid. My Union has Short Term Disability which requires a doctor's signature. Going to call EI and possibly just self quarantine for the full 14.

- Fever?

- Coughing?

- Trouble Breathing?

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

How is anyone to even know this?

No idea considering there is community spread. If I get a fever and my respiratory symptoms get worse I will ask for a flu test. They did say they found th community spread via influenza testing so I think they are testing influenza tests. 

• Cheers 3

6 minutes ago, redhdlois said:

If I was in you shoes (sandals?) I'd just stay there if you can :lol: