The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

52 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Saskatchewan plans to "Re-open" on May 4th. (Star Wars day seems appropriate)

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/politics/saskatchewan-to-start-reopening-from-the-cBroronavirus-pandemic-on-may-4/ar-BB1369MC?li=AAggNb9

Those living outside the borders of Sask will notice absolutely zero difference.....

The virus is too afraid to encroach on Brock Lesnar's home in Saskatchewan.:lol:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Saskatchewan plans to "Re-open" on May 4th. (Star Wars day seems appropriate)

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/politics/saskatchewan-to-start-reopening-from-the-coronavirus-pandemic-on-may-4/ar-BB1369MC?li=AAggNb9

Those living outside the borders of Sask will notice absolutely zero difference.....

Still wont find anyone in saskabush

Most university, college and trade school students are there because they see the use for the courses they are taking. They have a vested interest in doing well, and keeping up. A tremendous number of students are taking courses because they have to, not necessarily because they see the use of it. I just got a Facebook memo from a student who I taught 20 years ago, and she still remembers learning the Pythagorean theorem from me as she was using it right now. However, when she was in my class she had no idea why she should know any of "this stuff". A lot of students in high school would not have the motivation to do a whole course online. There has been a lot written about the "flipped classroom" and that might be useful.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, wloutet said:

Most university, college and trade school students are there because they see the use for the courses they are taking. They have a vested interest in doing well, and keeping up. A tremendous number of students are taking courses because they have to, not necessarily because they see the use of it. I just got a Facebook memo from a student who I taught 20 years ago, and she still remembers learning the Pythagorean theorem from me as she was using it right now. However, when she was in my class she had no idea why she should know any of "this stuff". A lot of students in high school would not have the motivation to do a whole course online. There has been a lot written about the "flipped classroom" and that might be useful.

I remember being taught that.  Don't have a damn clue what exactly it is anymore lol.  Guess that was one of those useless topics I no longer use myself.

2 hours ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

:lol:

I was in Las Vegas during the time the Canucks played the Black Hawks in 2010 NHL playoffs.  I went with my heart & lost a chunk of money betting on the Canucks.:(  

Should have followed the Don Taylor rule...  Bet against your favorite team.

If your team wins...you win!!

If your team loses...you win $$.

:P

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Well.......now the real tragedy has struck.....

the Calgary Stampede has been cancelled: https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/calgary-stampede-cancelled-in-2020-due-to-covid-19/ar-BB136v3b?li=AAggFp5

To help soften the blow, TSN2 will be showing repeats of Calf Roping and Chuckwagon Racing from previous years.

And for those missing their yearly allotment of rodeo clowns, CBC will be airing reruns of Jason Kenney and Andrew Scheer campaign speeches....B)

I am sure all the abused rodeo animals will be celebrating this news.....

• Cheers 1

31 minutes ago, wloutet said:

Online courses for highschool have a VERY low completion rate.    I have no idea why  highschool online courses are often work at your own pace....

Students have 4-5 months to do a course at whaever rate they want.....This makes no sense for teenagers in my opinion.  

BC Min of ed had to set activation policey where online schools only get funded after a significant part of course is handed in.... this was due to fact min of ed was funding courses..... where so many kids never even did assignment one.....

Online does not work for MANY and possibly most highschool students. 

I prefer the uvic method where uni kids see assignment early in week and it is due late in the week.  This system forces you to keep on it on a very regular basis....

Even uni online is not work at your pace with no due dates...   I am very surprised at how bc highschools do online from what i have seen.....

Edited by kingofsurrey

6 hours ago, bree2 said:

I highly doubt parents would allow their children back to school, they would not put their kids in jeopardy! 

Huh?  That doesn't jive with actual evidence. The kids have a higher chance of getting run over by a covidiot driving their car.

image.png.d6942ceb9ab3ecd2236d31f01b7b2a45.png

2 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Your table shows deaths.   I think the scarey part if kids getting infected and then passing it on to parents / grandparents  / care home residents...

Yeah but he don’t get that. 

It’s ok.

”looking out for me and not for we”

Edited by Me_
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, kingofsurrey said:

Your table shows deaths.   I think the scarey part if kids getting infected and then passing it on to parents / grandparents  / care home residents...

3 out of 3 humans from 0-17 years old had underlying conditions which is probably why they died.

However, I totally agree with you in that any homes where children live with people over 70 or so should not go back to school to reduce risk to older people.

Just now, Kanukfanatic said:

3 out of 3 humans from 0-17 years old had underlying conditions which is probably why they died.

However, I totally agree with you in that any homes where children live with people over 70 or so should not go back to school to reduce risk to older people.

Kid A gives covid to Kid B

Kid B gives covid to his brother Kid C

KId C goes out to visit grandpa at carehome... but stops at SaveOn with mom to buy flowers.  Kid C  give Covid to 2 Saveon workers....  who go home and give it to their family and grandparents.

It is simply not worth the risk of killing our seniors.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

I honestly feel bad for all those of you that have to stay home for extended lengths of time.

Early on I had to self isolate. I was off work for 14 days and was online way too much reading about covid. I went a tad bit squirrely.

I then went back to work (emergency services) and after that first week back realized things in the world are not nearly as bad once you actually get to leave the house and interact with others...keeping social distancing in tact and being smart about it.

Weeks have gone by now while I have worked and I no longer have any stress about this pandemic. I am smart about it but not worried. 

But my wife who was laid off and has been at home for weeks is so ramped up.

While this is a serious situation it is not the end of the modern world but those locked up are really worked up.

My advice, which I have given to my wife numerous times, is to stay the hell off of social media because it literally does nothing to help (once a person understands to self distance).

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, bree2 said:

just one childs death is too much!!!

I get your sentiment.  But unfortunately children die every day in this world.  In fact, 150,000 people die every day on this plant.

Fear mongering while ignoring evidence helps no one.

PS: 118,000 people died today on Earth.  280,000 babies were born today.

3 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Kid A gives covid to Kid B

Kid B gives covid to his brother Kid C

KId C goes out to visit grandpa at carehome... but stops at SaveOn with mom to buy flowers.  Kid C  give Covid to 2 Saveon workers....  who go home and give it to their family and grandparents.

It is simply not worth the risk of killing our seniors.

I already said people can't be idiots about it.  What is your point?

Kids that do go to school need to stay away from old people.  Yes. Simple fact.  Thanks.

12 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

so you don't care about the 45-64 yr old folk that make up 23.1% of the death total? Or the folk that are 65-70?

Just what line of work are you in again?:picard:

• Thanks 2
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 1