The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

3 minutes ago, HI5 said:

Ahh man, now I actually have to drive down to Surrey to buy one. 

Why would you want to buy an assault rifle that is now banned ? 

People that own guns for non hunting purposes are typically trying to compensate for low self esteem or other issues in my opinion. 

• Huggy Bear 1

1 minute ago, kingofsurrey said:

Why would you want to buy an assault rifle that is now banned ? 

People that own guns for non hunting purposes are typically trying to compensate for low self esteem or other issues in my opinion. 

Much like the legalization of pot not shutting down the illegal sales of marijuana, this will have the same useless effect. Shutting down the legal trade and ability to own an assault rifle doesn't stop people from illegally acquiring or using them. I have never owned any gun and do not plan to. But this is classic pandering. OMG we had a mass shooting, when is the government going to protect us from these crazy gun owners?? More nanny state stuff. It's like everyone with their hands out wanting government bailouts due to Covid-19. People forget that money doesn't grow on trees and we will be paying it all back and more.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, RonMexico said:

Much like the legalization of pot not shutting down the illegal sales of marijuana, this will have the same useless effect. Shutting down the legal trade and ability to own an assault rifle doesn't stop people from illegally acquiring or using them. I have never owned any gun and do not plan to. But this is classic pandering. OMG we had a mass shooting, when is the government going to protect us from these crazy gun owners?? More nanny state stuff. It's like everyone with their hands out wanting government bailouts due to Covid-19. People forget that money doesn't grow on trees and we will be paying it all back and more.

its also pandering to let people own them. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, RonMexico said:

If banning assault rifles can save one single life... then i am 100% for it.

LIkely this ban will save hundreds of lives and  combined with JT's strong handling of the covid crisis in Canada... pretty much guarentees JT gets re-elected. 

s

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

its also pandering to let people own them. 

I don't disagree at all but it's not like assault rifles were fine up until 2 weeks ago. So why wait until something has happened to do something? 

26 minutes ago, bree2 said:

hmm so this what Trumps make America great again has become. no thanks I like Canada much better

The fact that people can legally walk into public places armed to the teeth is one of two reasons I'd never consider living in the US....

....the other being the distinct possibility of being bankrupted because of a medical issue.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2