The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

18 hours ago, Canucks_since_birth said:

"Covid 19" is fake and had always been fake. You'll never catch me wearing a mask. If the government wants me to they'll have to force it on via force. 

Ok genius. As they showed in the video and do a test. Impale yourself. As they wheel you into the operating room, tell the doctors and surgeons to not wash their hands, not to wear gloves, and not wear masks. Because it's fake that germs exist, and infections don't happen.....

Better still. If Covid is fake, why would anyone or any government crush their economy and rack up massive debt for NO reason. You sound like a flat Earther/anti -vax nut. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Ok genius. As they showed in the video and do a test. Impale yourself. As they wheel you into the operating room, tell the doctors and surgeons to not wash their hands, not to wear gloves, and not wear masks. Because it's fake that germs exist, and infections don't happen.....

Better still. If Covid is fake, why would anyone or any government crush their economy and rack up massive debt for NO reason. You sound like a flat Earther/anti -vax nut. 

I always love these hit and runs.   Although everyone's entitled to an opinion, if it shares dangerous information it needs to be challenged.  It's infuriating...especially to those with family members with compromised immune systems.  We work hard to protect them and they pose a real risk in that.

I expect to hear back with some supporting "evidence".  Nothing yet it seems....

• Huggy Bear 2

5 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

I always love these hit and runs.   Although everyone's entitled to an opinion, if it shares dangerous information it needs to be challenged.  It's infuriating...especially to those with family members with compromised immune systems.  We work hard to protect them and they pose a real risk in that.

I expect to hear back with some supporting "evidence".  Nothing yet it seems....

My favourite is when I ask for sources for their information and their first response is always "look it up yourself, I'm not going to do the work for you".  

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, samurai said:

i think a lot of the arguments regarding the need for mask use do in fact lack common sense.

but from what sources? WHO is recommending it. Its clearly a good idea in some situations. 

I really do not understand the resistance to it, other than some people value not being mildly inconvenienced vs potentially spreading a disease. It seems very selfish to me. 

Edited by Robert Long
  • Vintage 3

7 minutes ago, Robert Long said:

but from what sources? WHO is recommending it. Its clearly a good idea in some situations. 

I really do not understand the resistance to it, other than some people value not being mildly inconvenienced vs potentially spreading a disease. It seems very selfish to me. 

Their only real argument is something to do with the packaging.

image.thumb.png.14fd5dacf7284d59b4be75ec5c9a6b55.png

The image is real: https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/verify/verify-why-a-face-mask-box-says-it-provides-no-protection-to-the-wearer/507-d5070a18-0146-4ef9-9d22-afe9fa7759a0

I think you should wear a mask and that this serves as a statement to cover their butts from lawsuits.

I also don't know what kind of mask this is, or if types of masks make a difference.

But be safe, wear a mask, wash your hands, and remember to social distance!

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, BoKnows said:

The image is real: https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/verify/verify-why-a-face-mask-box-says-it-provides-no-protection-to-the-wearer/507-d5070a18-0146-4ef9-9d22-afe9fa7759a0

I think you should wear a mask and that this serves as a statement to cover their butts from lawsuits.

I also don't know what kind of mask this is, or if types of masks make a difference.

the only guaranteed protection is a device called a PAPR. Its the gear you see in the movies that looks like a space suit. 

We're talking about removing droplets from the risk profile, not all airborne potential. 

I like how they added "yall" tho, that was a nice touch. 

• Vintage 2

3 minutes ago, Robert Long said:

the only guaranteed protection is a device called a PAPR. Its the gear you see in the movies that looks like a space suit. 

We're talking about removing droplets from the risk profile, not all airborne potential. 

This image had to come from Deep South Trump country.

The statement is definitely there to make it impossible for idiots to sue them if they caught COVID while wearing a mask.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, skategal said:

I might be out in left field on this (probably a crowded place) but my understanding is that masks protect others from you moreso than you from others if you are wearing one?  i.e. wearing a mask wouldn't protect you from getting a viral infection via your eyes should someone sneeze/cough in your face?  However, wearing a mask would reduce/minimize the droplets you exhale so others wouldn't necessarily inhale them, nor would your droplets contaminate surfaces others might touch?   

If my understanding is correct, no, a mask can't guarantee that it will prevent you from being infected.  So while sad that it needs to be stated on the packaging, I suppose its necessary to ensure complete disclosure.  

Masks indicate a caring about others, no?  

Here's an excellent analogy

image.png.1ec682ade05424d4083ef90aa95da5a5.png

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

47 minutes ago, BoKnows said:

This image had to come from Deep South Trump country.

The statement is definitely there to make it impossible for idiots to sue them if they caught COVID while wearing a mask.

Down in the states anyone on both sides will sue for just about anything possible because easy money is the American way.  Gotta protect yourself as a company.  Hence why everything in California has "this may cause cancer".

44 minutes ago, skategal said:

I might be out in left field on this (probably a crowded place) but my understanding is that masks protect others from you moreso than you from others if you are wearing one?  i.e. wearing a mask wouldn't protect you from getting a viral infection via your eyes should someone sneeze/cough in your face?  However, wearing a mask would reduce/minimize the droplets you exhale so others wouldn't necessarily inhale them, nor would your droplets contaminate surfaces others might touch?   

If my understanding is correct, no, a mask can't guarantee that it will prevent you from being infected.  So while sad that it needs to be stated on the packaging, I suppose its necessary to ensure complete disclosure.  

My understanding as well.

You're in center field.....B)

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, skategal said:

^ this is it exactly. Its a reduction in harm, and a visual reminder for us to all socially distance. Its really important to have visual clues, otherwise people get lazy and complacent. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Robert Long said:

Soon we will all be walking around like this. who needs fashion.

image.png.ed7edb692b71d8e54917d002932b5b41.png

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BoKnows said:

who ever said it protects the wearer from covid?  It protects other people because it stops a portion of droplets expelled from the mouth and nose of the person wearing it.  That's the protection.......for others, not the person wearng it.  

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, stawns said:

who ever said it protects the wearer from covid?  It protects other people because it stops a portion of droplets expelled from the mouth and nose of the person wearing it.  That's the protection.......for others, not the person wearng it.  

"y'all" don't care if you get it 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, stawns said:

Idk probably a bunch of people?  You don't need to convince me to wear a mask.

Walmart cares more about our health than Horgan or Doctor B......

A  new BC flag should  feature 2 banjos and a bottle of moonshine  on it........

Face masks will be mandatory for customers at all Walmart locations

Requirement goes into effect on Wednesday, Aug. 12 across Canada

Edited by kingofsurrey