Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Announcement

StealthNuck

By StealthNuck 
03/12/2020

Hi everyone, 

With the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19) there's also a vast amount of information available online about it, both factual and speculative. Please do not rely on the posts in this forum as an authoritative source, and do not ask for diagnosis or treatment here. For more information and advice on COVID-19, please see the Government of Canada's website containing updates and information, or the BC Center for Disease Control's page on COVID-19

An additional resource is the World Health Organization

-SN

Haven't posted anything speculative. Stating my opinions on the matter. Stating the fact that flights are still inbound. 

• Like 1

White House to hold emergency meeting after Bolsonaro tests positive, will host news conference

Fri 13 Mar 2020 14:57:06 GMT

Trump to speak at 3 pm ET

Trump yesterday said he still hadn't been tested.

What are the chances he has it? That would change the narrative in a hurry.
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

White House to hold emergency meeting after Bolsonaro tests positive, will host news conference

Fri 13 Mar 2020 14:57:06 GMT

Trump to speak at 3 pm ET

Trump yesterday said he still hadn't been tested.

What are the chances he has it? That would change the narrative in a hurry.

probably pretty high, but I doubt he'd actually say he had it if he did test positive. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

please stop with this kind of post, honestly you've posted misinformation before and it doesn't help anyone. I doubt you were even old enough to remember SARS.

For anyone actually interested:

Canada draws on lessons from SARS to address novel coronavirus

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/01/canada-draws-lessons-sars-address-coronavirus-200129183655956.html

Posts of that nature are about as useful as the "trudeau didn't shut the borders down" posts

This virus was in every major nation before anything could be done.  Every major nation, except for maybe one or two; has been listening to their medical experts.  None of them have stated shut it down so....

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

Haven't posted anything speculative. Stating my opinions on the matter. Stating the fact that flights are still inbound. 

And?

See here's the thing some of you don't get.

The borders needed to be shut down 5-6 weeks ago.  All travel.  Period.

Had Trudeau or the government done that.  What would happen to our economy?  The moment we ended up being an island of healthy calm in a world storm of influenza people would be whining that "trudeau just shattered the economy and nobody here is even sick"

The government has been listening to its medical experts.  Period.  If there has been no order to shut it down there's a reason borders are still open.  If people are stupid enough to still be travelling and not taking necessary precautions well; that's kind of on them.  There's little to blame except inevitability on this one

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

Fat orange asshole blaming Obama for coronavirus this morning. 

Can someone seriously please infect this guy and get it over with already.

He's already infected.

But we're all pretty sure it's syphillis that has damaged his brain and affected this thought processes

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Ossi Vaananen said:

Iran: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/iran/

514 / 11364 = 4.5%

Italy: https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/03/declares-coronavirus-global-pandemic-live-updates-200311235023766.html

1016 / 15113 = 6.7%

Yet China still posts that wonderful 2%. I wonder who I believe. 

you do understand ? i hope ?

that diagnosed cases require testing

the rate in the usa is also extremely high due to lack of testing

same in iran

italy is clearly behind the 8 ball as well

these percentages are meaningless

try quoting the south korea percentage

where they are extremely aggressive about testing

you a picking and choosing positions that are as extreme as you can make them

and you do not provide any meaningful context

not sure why you have this need to misinform

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Posts of that nature are about as useful as the "trudeau didn't shut the borders down" posts

This virus was in every major nation before anything could be done.  Every major nation, except for maybe one or two; has been listening to their medical experts.  None of them have stated shut it down so....

exactly. Shutting down the borders now isn't effective. But that doesn't stop the misinformation posts :picard: honestly I think some people just get off on posting the 'scary stuff' 

Just now, Warhippy said:

And?

See here's the thing some of you don't get.

The borders needed to be shut down 5-6 weeks ago.  All travel.  Period.

Had Trudeau or the government done that.  What would happen to our economy?  The moment we ended up being an island of healthy calm in a world storm of influenza people would be whining that "trudeau just shattered the economy and nobody here is even sick"

The government has been listening to its medical experts.  Period.  If there has been no order to shut it down there's a reason borders are still open.  If people are stupid enough to still be travelling and not taking necessary precautions well; that's kind of on them.  There's little to blame except inevitability on this one

This is confounding to say the least. Yes, I believe air traffic should have been shut down, borders too. What would it have done to our economy? look at what has already been done, TSX down 20%, asinine point. 

Just now, Ossi Vaananen said:

This is confounding to say the least. Yes, I believe air traffic should have been shut down, borders too. What would it have done to our economy? look at what has already been done, TSX down 20%, asinine point. 

you understand the virus cannot be shut out

that is not the goal

but it seems to be your goal

it is not possible

the plan is to stretch out the period of population infection

so that the medical system is not over stretched

and so that everyone can get proper treatment

the virus will be here no matter what

not sure what your posts are hoping to achieve

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

you do understand ? i hope ?

that diagnosed cases require testing

the rate in the usa is also extremely high due to lack of testing

same in iran

italy is clearly behind the 8 ball as well

these percentages are meaningless

try quoting the south korea percentage

where they are extremely aggressive about testing

you a picking and choosing positions that are as extreme as you can make them

and you do not provide any meaningful context

not sure why you have this need to misinform

Ok, sure we can talk the positives. Hong Kong has rallied from this, their numbers are way down. Self-isolated early on and kept people from crowding. South Korea does have the best ability to test cases in the world, I wish Canada reflected that in the slightest.

Trump to declare national emergency over coronavirus

Fri 13 Mar 2020 15:19:25 GMT

Trump will take emergency measures

This was partly expected for his Wednesday speech because it will open up something like $40B and FEMA money to attack the virus and improve supplies.

It's also an important signal to cancel events.

On theory on the lack of testing in the US is a shortage of chemicals needed to run the tests, but that's speculation. Faucci yesterday said widespread testing is a week away; but that's what they said last week.
  • Upvote 1