The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

13 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

When i go in stores that post masks required... and i see 75% compliance.

It makes me wonder what is wrong with people.   Would gov. mandatory mask law raised the rates of mask use ?

What I get from this, is that kos only shops at stores that allow only 4 patrons at a time....B)

Edited by RUPERTKBD

26 minutes ago, gurn said:

So  questions/thoughts about stores requiring masks:

Whose job is it to tell the customers to wear a mask?

The employee, the supervisor, the owner or.....?

If the person fails to put on a mask does the store call the police, the public health officer or the by law enforcement officer?

My employer requires face masks to be worn if you are not in your car or eating. However why would I get within 6 feet of someone to tell them to put one on?

Isn't it a lot easier to get the virus from being too close to people?

given news stories of violence or verbal abuse towards employees trying to inform people of a mask policy, why would any employee risk it?

goes back to, who enforces a no mask policy; answer almost no-one?

Do it yourself, G....just make sure your phone is ready to record the response:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/28/us/starbucks-barista-mask-amber-lynn-gilles-trnd/index.html

5 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Do it yourself, G....just make sure your phone is ready to record the response:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/28/us/starbucks-barista-mask-amber-lynn-gilles-trnd/index.html

Don't have a cell phone, but not a bad idea.

Wife of a co worker was on the receiving end of a 5 minute tirade from a customer at a upscale corner store here in Powell River. Also one employee at a chain super market was spat on by a covidiot.

My cat, even with his nightly crazy time, is more rational than a lot of people

• Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, gurn said:

So  questions/thoughts about stores requiring masks:

Whose job is it to tell the customers to wear a mask?

The employee, the supervisor, the owner or.....?

If the person fails to put on a mask does the store call the police, the public health officer or the by law enforcement officer?

My employer requires face masks to be worn if you are not in your car or eating. However why would I get within 6 feet of someone to tell them to put one on?

Isn't it a lot easier to get the virus from being too close to people?

given news stories of violence or verbal abuse towards employees trying to inform people of a mask policy, why would any employee risk it?

it is most likely the employee's responsibility, but im sure a supervisor will tell you whose responsibility it is. if a customer fails to wear a mask, you refuse service and ask them to leave. if the customer refuses to leave and is causing a disturbance you would call the police.

if you take on the responsibilty of telling people to put on thier mask, you have every right to do so at a safe distance. you can always refuse unsafe work, you will not be penalized for it.

there is almost zero risk to inform them to wear a mask as long as you take precautions. 

sadly many people dont wear masks despite the rules. many people also have trouble/wont enforce for many reasons. you would be doing your part by intervening and many would appreciate it. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, gurn said:

Getting tired of Dr. B and Horgan tell BCers to do our part..... keep blaming people for spreading a highly contagious air born virus.....

How about Horgan and DR B  DO  their part for a change and come with a MANDATORY mask law for people in stores and for highschool students.....

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

How about Horgan and DR B  DO  their part for a change and come with a MANDATORY mask law for people in stores and for highschool students.....

Fine, but who enforces it?

Cops, by law officers, or public health inspectors. Maybe all of them?

1 hour ago, bishopshodan said:

Great, this is all the anti-vaxers need to hear.

Korea potentially having serious issues with their seasonal flu vaccine. 

Growing deaths in South Korea spark fears over safety of flu vaccine program

https://globalnews.ca/news/7412601/south-korea-flu-vaccine-deaths/

I hate headlines like this. This $&!# just contributes to our collective dumbness. There's no evidence of a link, at all. 13/19,000,000 people :picard: 

• Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, gurn said:

Store employees - level 1

Store Security  if they have onsite - Level 2

Store manager - level 3

Police - level 4

Basically just tell the customer to leave the store.....    Tell them the cashier will not  ring up your item...  police are being notified and you will be fined.

I think quickly customers will step up and reinforce this message.

This is alrealy happening in pretty much across Canada today as we speak. My relatives back east tell me... every single person in their town is masked on in stores...

KICKED out with no mask.   100% compliance in their town.  BC is a joke. 

Edited by kingofsurrey
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, gurn said:

well, you'd hope in a rational society, you would for yourself. 

But, we're in the golden age of bull$&!#. People are choosing to risk death cuz a meme said so. 

Edited by Robert Long
  • Vintage 1

42 minutes ago, Petey_BOI said:

oh good me too.your point?

My point is, you're the exact type of person that generally thinks you're smarter than those around you as evidenced by your posts.  But endlessly and inevitably you rely on one tangent to get your point across and refuse any other potential avenue of thought.

As I said, you think quite highly of yourself and it's obvious

12 minutes ago, Robert Long said:

well, you'd hope in a rational society, you would for yourself. 

But, we're in the golden age of bull$&!#. People are choosing to risk death cuz a meme said so. 

I get all my info from internet memes, you don’t?

• Haha 1