The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

1 hour ago, Jimmy McGill said:

they're wanting to cancel the wrong one, it should be the next winter Olympics we boycott. 

I want to see Canadian NHL players win the gold. I don't care for the politics. Unfortunately, IOC is all politics and money. 

The Indian variant B1.617.2 is taking hold in Bolton and the spike can be seen with exponential growth. They can directly attribute this to the indian variant as they have the data of the variants in the testing, and can see the UK variant is dropping and the increase is directly a cause of the new strain.

The UK is going to shorten the second dose wait from 12 weeks to 8 weeks - even though there is evidence that the 12 weeks gives better protection, as they want to get the protection a second jab brings in sooner

image.thumb.png.8d33990d54ea1eb95ace6477e8ee0942.pngThe 

• Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

Not sure if I should laugh or cry about the fact that most of the replies to Dr. Bogoch's tweet are of the variety of "Me me me meeee... Me me me meeeeee..."  :picard:

Twitter is a cesspool. Consume selectively. I blocked trump years ago. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Jaimito said:

I want to see Canadian NHL players win the gold. I don't care for the politics. Unfortunately, IOC is all politics and money. 

I want to see our citizens out of Chinese jail. &^@# China. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

interesting, so if they are only going to be distributing about 88,000 more Astra Zeneca shots in BC they must be planning to give the other 250k a different shot. 

I don't think they know what they are doing yet.  This 89,000 is just our province's allocation of the 655000 we just received.  Any future AZ to Canada, we would get 13.5% of that too.  If we actually get anymore AZ in June or July.

13 minutes ago, BCNeil said:

I don't think they know what they are doing yet.  This 89,000 is just our province's allocation of the 655000 we just received.  Any future AZ to Canada, we would get 13.5% of that too.  If we actually get anymore AZ in June or July.

If we're not sure, we should send them to India where the risk is higher for people there. 

Just got my first Pfizer jab, now doing the 15 min wait, the actual vaccinating took a whopping 10 seconds

Edit: Heading home, dun feel a thing. The husband on the other hand is feeling the usual soreness

Edited by Kakanucks
  • Like 3
  • Cheers 1

https://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/nhl/vancouver-canucks/canucks-urge-fans-to-get-vaccinated-so-they-can-get-back-in-the-stands/wcm/0889b0c3-c513-403b-a3e6-d03131d0f45f/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Canucks urge fans to get vaccinated so they can get back in the stands

Dr. Bonnie Henry says that a return of fans to the stands at B.C. sporting events is likely to be possible by next fall. 

https://globalnews.ca/news/7860457/b-c-s-covid-19-restart-2-0-plan-wont-come-until-after-may-long-weekend/

As for professional sports, Henry said she hopes fans will be in the stands by the late summer or fall. This could mean the BC Lions have bums in seats at BC Place for the start of the CFL season.

“I’m watching the U.K. where they have done experiments, doing planned events when people are monitored,” Henry said.

“Later in the summer, into the fall, we will be looking at spectators in the fall. I would love to see the Canucks again, but next season.”

• Upvote 3

Canada with 436,000 jabs today, new record.  If we can keep this rate going, we will be just over 75% of adults with one dose by the end of May.  Quebec dished out 15,000 second doses.  BC with 5200 second doses.

Edited by BCNeil
  • Cheers 3

18 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

https://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/nhl/vancouver-canucks/canucks-urge-fans-to-get-vaccinated-so-they-can-get-back-in-the-stands/wcm/0889b0c3-c513-403b-a3e6-d03131d0f45f/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Dr. Bonnie Henry says that a return of fans to the stands at B.C. sporting events is likely to be possible by next fall. 

https://globalnews.ca/news/7860457/b-c-s-covid-19-restart-2-0-plan-wont-come-until-after-may-long-weekend/

As for professional sports, Henry said she hopes fans will be in the stands by the late summer or fall. This could mean the BC Lions have bums in seats at BC Place for the start of the CFL season.

“I’m watching the U.K. where they have done experiments, doing planned events when people are monitored,” Henry said.

“Later in the summer, into the fall, we will be looking at spectators in the fall. I would love to see the Canucks again, but next season.”

I am expecting an email from the Canucks any day now to confirm my payment plan for next year.  

• Vintage 1

2 hours ago, Jaimito said:

Vaccine passports?  

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Vaccine passports?  

its a good idea. If you sign up for the BC services app, all the info is right there so its easy to check. 

I like the idea of vaccine passports a lot, its a fair way of doing things. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Vintage 2