The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

20 minutes ago, Chicken. said:

Jesus... this headline is depressing as hell... mad times

Let's learn from Italy.

https://www.businessinsider.sg/coronavirus-waiting-list-for-funerals-in-italy-coffins-pile-up-2020-3 

Coronavirus deaths are so high in Italy that some places have a waiting list for burials and funerals are happening with no family members there

Also, some folks in Italy who are trying to hold funeral processions for loved ones are being arrested on lockdown violations. I get why the people need to do this. I get why they need to be arrested. It's incredibly sad all round.

• Like 1

After reading an article about the surge in marijuana sales.I am convinced that this is all a ploy by the marijuana industry to increase sales and a way for justin trudeau to say he was right about the industry.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Violator said:

After reading an article about the surge in marijuana sales.I am convinced that this is all a ploy by the marijuana industry to increase sales and a way for justin trudeau to say he was right about the industry.

They should be giving it out for free. Canada has been sitting on an unmovable oversupply of cannabis for months. Whatever gets people to stay home and chill.

• Cheers 4

Just now, EmilyM said:

They should be giving it out for free. Canada has been sitting on an unmovable oversupply of cannabis for months. Whatever gets people to stay home and chill.

Will just create further food hoarding as stoners will just get perpetually hungry.:P

• Haha 4

Just now, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Will just create further food hoarding as stoners will just get perpetually hungry.:P

You didn't let me get to part 2 of my plan where we transition police officers into mobile girl guide cookie delivery drivers

• Haha 3

39 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

Because the last thing anyone should be doing is asking a sleep-deprived doctor or nurse to drive around the city picking up their colleagues. We should be doing things that help them focus on their job, not distract from it. 

right , it was just a thought

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Violator said:

Aurora on the verge of bankruptcy! Stock up on discounted marijuanas!

12 minutes ago, EmilyM said:

A head's up, contactless delivery through Canadapost is no longer available

UPS is essentially contactless as they’re known for just leaving packages in front of your door instead of knocking & waiting for a signature.  Urban legend as has them delivering stuff to your neighbor to get that signature.

1 hour ago, milk and honey said:

Everyone please this is no joke.  Basically all my dad's family is from central Europe. Italy, Spain and Netherlands are the worst hit but it happened so fast. They continued normal life a couple weeks to long. It is extremely contagious and will care our older population unfortunately. Do protect yourself and take caution. Especially if you have traveled or felt sick. Google symptoms if you haven't. 

There aren't enough hospital beds in Italy and they are choosing every day who is getting certain treatments since in some hospitals they are over packed and under prepared. It's crazy times.

Reminds me kinda like the Netflix series Rain. 

Italy has a lot of bad going against them. From being heavy smokers to high average age and high pollution to bad diets. It’s sad it’s exploded like this. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, kurtis said:

Italy has a lot of bad going against them. From being heavy smokers to high average age and high pollution to bad diets. It’s sad it’s exploded like this. 

Add in that the Church is still a strong influence there....where large public church gatherings in older likely not that well ventilated buildings makes for the spread of the virus easier.

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Vintage 1

Coronavirus - National Bank of Canada considering payment deferrals on mortgages up to 6 months

Wed 18 Mar 2020 00:51:45 GMT

NBC is Canada's 6th largest commercial bank - mulling its response to the COVID-19 impact.

• considering payment deferrals on mortgages up to 6 months
  • special loans to cover living expenses may be offered 
I'd be awaiting details on this if you are in Canada, what the terms etc will be.

That 6 month timeframe the bank is flagging does sound about right to me. The deleterious effects could stretch on longer though. 
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Coronavirus - Canada will announce details of CAD 27bn economic package on Wednesday

Wed 18 Mar 2020 00:18:13 GMT

COVID-19 relief economic package coming up according to a Canadian government source  - Reuters report (unnamed govmt. source)

• Canada to announce C$27 billion economic aid package on Wednesday 
  • aid package will boost unemployment insurance payments, child benefits, push back tax deadlines
  • Canada not yet ready to offer aid to airlines 

3 minutes ago, nux4lyfe said:

I wonder if a person gets infected with the virus and recovers if they can be infected again , Or the body gets immune to it.

There have been cases of people getting re-infected. But it is unclear if they were totally clear from the first infection. So at this point it is an open question.

If anyone has better info please correct me.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3