The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

1 minute ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Believe me, i am on the correct side of the fence in regards to everything, I haven't collected a dollar of cerb and worked the entire pandemic, I've done my part.  But as long as we regardless of vax or not, can still get and spread it. I don't think its justified to strictly point the finger at those 10%. 

That crazies protest looks like a cfl cup parade, Sure as hell not 10% of our population out there. Not too many of that 10% are crazy. Plus i'd imagine just based off the couple people i know who can't get the vaxx, That would add alot into the unvaxxed number, No? 

I agree with omicron, but omicron is likely going to fade and we'll be back to delta and the vax was working very well against delta infections and transmission

2 hours ago, TOMapleLaughs said:

Prob. enough to contribute to the negative effects on people's mental health as well-measured by now.

Actually, there are arguments and data that dispute this.

For some, sure. 

For others, services have moved on line and people can now get help without having to leave their homes as a result.  Isolating actually made receiving services easier for some.  And there are reports showing that people with depression, etc. saw others struggling and it made them feel more connected.  Others were experiencing the same things they were and it reduces some of the stigma as empathy comes into play.

It also forced people to remove themselves from the fast pace of the rat race. Employees were suddenly working from home and not having to spend time in traffic jams commuting back and forth. More time to focus on nutrition and health. Freed up some time that normally would be spent getting to/from work. Relieved some of that pressure.

So it evens out in some regards.  

• Upvote 3

50 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

Young people love this and they are the future. If you don't agree fine.  But it's not hurting society to have 100,000 truckers make a point for everyone's benefit.

This is hilarious to me.  That you stereotype "young people" as if you've surveyed each and every one of them.  

Same goes for "everyone's benefit".  I know what's best for me and my family's benefit, no one else gets to claim that.  BS

• Cheers 4

2 minutes ago, flat land fish said:

Yes at this point basically as many as we are seeing now.  Maybe fewer in icu and in hospital.

That's what it looks like to me as well. I don't think all unvaxxed should be labeled the same and with such hatred.

These freedumb fighters are the real problem. The only thing restricted to an unvaxxed is movement out of the country. The parade literally drove across canada to gets to it meetup spot. People freely drove down there, Freely waved flags and yelled on public grounds, Have police setting up safe areas for them to park and gather. Other countries don't want unvaxxed to enter either. What a waste of time

I see why the rich guys are playing with space ships. I'd get off earth asap also lmao

5 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Why does everyone claim there's 100k 50k or even 10k truckers out there right now?

There's literally less than 500 full trailers at BEST.  Waves of jacked up grocery getters with f**k trudeau stickers but by and large the overwhelming consensus is that the actual numbers of vehicles in total, nation wide is less than 2000.

2000 total vehicles driving to ottawa to scream at an empty building because they want to speak to the manager because tamara said do it.  

Who's the sheeple now?

This is what I just saw ("dozens").  LOL:

• Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

This is hilarious to me.  That you stereotype "young people" as if you've surveyed each and every one of them.  

Same goes for "everyone's benefit".  I know what's best for me and my family's benefit, no one else gets to claim that.  BS

Deb

You say over and over on these pages how you enjoyed your youth and the old days.  You revere those free days.

Are you now just an old grumpy lady?

Can't you  see that there are a huge number of people here and not a fringe, peacefully demonstrating for your human rights?  And you want to cheer against them?Can't you identify with them as who you used to be when you were young and free and not terrified?

If not that's ok.  But maybe - just let them be and don't actively cheer against them like a grumpy old lady.

14 minutes ago, gurn said:

When 10% of the people add up to 30% of those in the hospital, it is justified.

Those medically unable to vaxx are a very small number.

If those that could vaxx, did vaxx, surgeries and testing  for other ailments would not be getting cancelled.

My Dad's EKG wouldn't get postponed 3 times, and they might find out what is going on with him.

However you want to look at it, The vaxxed play a big part in that as well

1 minute ago, fanfor42 said:

Deb

You say over and over on these pages how you enjoyed your youth and the old days.  You revere those free days.

Are you now just an old grumpy lady?

Can't you  see that there are a huge number of people here and not a fringe, peacefully demonstrating for your human rights?  And you want to cheer against them?Can't you identify with them as who you used to be when you were young and free and not terrified?

If not that's ok.  But maybe - just let them be and don't actively cheer against them like a grumpy old lady.

it's, like 15% of the population.  Pretty much everyone I know that doesn't vote ppc thinks its ridiculous and are getting tired of the endless manufactured outrages that this group keeps jumping to, one after the other.  

• Vintage 3

4 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

However you want to look at it, The vaxxed play a big part in that as well

Here's what you're missing.  The people getting vaccinated are TRYING, we're doing our part.  Antivaxxers are putting their own self interests ahead of the entire population and giving COVID an easy path to run through.  

This will help you understand how it works:

image.png

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3