The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

4 minutes ago, johngould21 said:

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight! I'll let you go to that doctor first then, let me know how you make out? Come on man, the only job an undertrained doctor or nurse would do under my watch is change bedpans.

I think the efficiency comes at the services delegation level, not the doctor training level.

I really don't care either way, Non of the mandates bother me other than small business restrictions. This will be the fun part of the pandemic as governments start to go back to normal, And the fearful bunch get all up in arms over it. The worlds really gone to s*^#, From all these natural disasters, To the intense weather in each season, Pandemic causing everyone to hate eachother.

I'm obviously vaxxed, I promote to everyone who isn't to get it, I think the unvaxxed people are making a horrible choice, But i see us vaxxed are getting and spreading it just as much as a unvaxxed would. Why all the finger pointing like they are the cause to this whole pandemic when it's 90-10 and we are even worse off? 

The freedoms crap is too funny, The lack of braincells needed to not realize the whole main reason for the mandates ( other than to keep people safe ) is to keep our health care system from crashing. Seeing how its been near capacity levels alot this pandemic, That should have been an automatic to get a shot that's been proven to help in that regard.

But again, I just don't agree with people thinking the unvaxxed are worthless humans, Cause to this whole pandemic ect like what has been said. Well the ones who protest their rights and freedoms are trash but thats about it. Not all the 10% do that however 

57 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Aren't like around 50% of the US public of the belief Dotard won the election?

Not really. It seems like that because we're constantly bombarded with images of dipsh!ts walking around with "Trump Won" hats, etc.....

The reality though is the number is less than a third of US voters. Still bad enough, but not quite as bad as it might seem......

42 minutes ago, TOMapleLaughs said:

I don't.  Prob. because the US is the top civilized country, and they're not represented by one particular viewpoint on the matter anyway.

The comparica angle doesn't mean much to us in Canada now anyway, imho.  I read that Ontario's top doctor indicated they need to move on.  Bonnie also indicated as such.  Not much really standing in the way of inevitability at this point.

They're not a civilized country; their healthcare system is an absolute joke.  Need to keep the restrictions a bit longer while the antivaxxers keep bogarting the medical treatment.  Quebec is doing things right.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

I really don't care either way, Non of the mandates bother me other than small business restrictions. This will be the fun part of the pandemic as governments start to go back to normal, And the fearful bunch get all up in arms over it. The worlds really gone to s*^#, From all these natural disasters, To the intense weather in each season, Pandemic causing everyone to hate eachother.

I'm obviously vaxxed, I promote to everyone who isn't to get it, I think the unvaxxed people are making a horrible choice, But i see us vaxxed are getting and spreading it just as much as a unvaxxed would. Why all the finger pointing like they are the cause to this whole pandemic when it's 90-10 and we are even worse off? 

The freedoms crap is too funny, The lack of braincells needed to not realize the whole main reason for the mandates ( other than to keep people safe ) is to keep our health care system from crashing. Seeing how its been near capacity levels alot this pandemic, That should have been an automatic to get a shot that's been proven to help in that regard.

But again, I just don't agree with people thinking the unvaxxed are worthless humans, Cause to this whole pandemic ect like what has been said. Well the ones who protest their rights and freedoms are trash but thats about it. Not all the 10% do that however 

Tell me exactly what these antivax pieces of trash are doing is worthwhile. There is literally no indication that they deserve to be targeted with even the tiniest amount of respect.

15 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Tell me exactly what these antivax pieces of trash are doing is worthwhile. There is literally no indication that they deserve to be targeted with even the tiniest amount of respect.

If canada got to 100% vax, Would he still see cases of covid, Including people being sent into the hospital or worse?

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

If canada got to 100% vax, Would he still see cases of covid, Including people being sent into the hospital or worse?

There would be less people in the hospital.

This has been statistical proven on this thread, every single day, for months.

From Vintage's post on Tuesday

"

Past week cases (Jan. 17-23) - Total 13,537

• Not vaccinated: 3,083 (22.8%)
  • Partially vaccinated: 774 (5.7%)
  • Fully vaccinated: 9,680 (71.5%)

Past two weeks cases hospitalized (Jan. 10-23) - Total 1,118

• Not vaccinated: 279 (25.0%)
  • Partially vaccinated: 51 (4.6%)
  • Fully vaccinated: 788 (70.4%)

Past week, cases per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Jan. 17-23)

• Not vaccinated: 396.9
  • Partially vaccinated: 200.0
  • Fully vaccinated: 236.1

Past two weeks, cases hospitalized per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Jan. 10-23)

• Not vaccinated: 71.0
  • Partially vaccinated: 40.9
  • Fully vaccinated: 16.9"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note- the vaccines are not as effective against Omi as they were against Delta- but still offer some protection.

So if you go back to before Omi- the difference between vaxxed hospitalizations and unvaxxed was evwen more pronounced than it is now.

P.S.- An Omi specific vaxx is already being developed.

Very likely going to do to Omi what the current vaxxes are doing to Delta.

• Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

Young people love this and they are the future. If you don't agree fine.  But it's not hurting society to have 100,000 truckers make a point for everyone's benefit.

It's absolutely hurting society when their point is that they want there to be no consequences for their stupidity.  Enough is enough; these antivaxxers contribute as much to Canada as Alex Chiasson does to the Canucks.  In both cases, we're better off without them.

• Vintage 1

3 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

Radio is saying the Ottawa police is expecting 1000 vehicles. Can't remember the break down but I think they said less than half of them are trucks.

What did Fox report from the intellect that is Theo Fleury? 

50,000?

And JRE parroted that?

I have defended Joe on here in some regard. I have followed his career since NewsRadio, mostly because I am a fanatic about martial arts.

He has had good guests and interesting angles. 

He has now finally completely lost me. He is fake news media, just like Fox. He is part of the rich elite that are manipulating information for, well, dollar dollar bills ya'll

Joe is paid to get ratings up at this point.  He's gonna ruffle some feathers and keep that convo going with him in it.  No different than fox or CNN pushing agendas to try and pump their ratings. 

Prior to spotify, he was absolutely solid. Haven't listened to him much, not many of his guests interest me these days.

2 hours ago, Magicwords said:

I'd suggest they keep mask and vax passport and begin easing the rest off

I'd support lifting the vax passport shortly  BUT it's the one thing that once lifted they would have zero chance of reintroducing if needed

Masking could be lifted once hospitalizations fall below 100 and icu below 10 ..... and a .month later If it holds then lift the last.itme - vax passport 

and that's pretty much where we were with delta before omicron.........I can see us going back to that in the spring.  We absolutely should not be loosening the mask mandate anytime soon, it's the best tool we have, besides vax.

26 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

Love the truckers.  

I have heard that truckers from the states have joined en masse and there are over 100,000 trucks in this movement. Is also being copied in Australia and Europe and elsewhere.

They are making a point as people that we need to have our freedoms back.  They are vaccinated, double vaccinated, boosted, unvaccinated, black, white, brown yellow, gay, trans everyone.  They have received 7M in funding through go fund me. It's not a small group of supporters. They are people standing up for human rights and saying hey governments let's start to turn the tap off on  shutting down human rights. 

Love it. My kids are all over this and I have started to pay attention as they show me clips and videos.

Anyone who doesn't support this is cheering for the wrong team. 

The media is hacking on them but we don't need to blindly listen.  Go convoy lol. People standing up for your human rights is a good thing. Happened in the 60's happened in China in the 80's it's always important when this many people speak out against the narrative.  Don't be afraid - listen. Doesn't hurt you to listen.

Young people love this and they are the future. If you don't agree fine.  But it's not hurting society to have 100,000 truckers make a point for everyone's benefit.

you are deeply misinformed

• Thanks 4

3 minutes ago, gurn said:

There would be less people in the hospital.

This has been statistical proven on this thread, every single day, for months.

From Vintage's post on Tuesday

"

Past week cases (Jan. 17-23) - Total 13,537

• Not vaccinated: 3,083 (22.8%)
  • Partially vaccinated: 774 (5.7%)
  • Fully vaccinated: 9,680 (71.5%)

Past two weeks cases hospitalized (Jan. 10-23) - Total 1,118

• Not vaccinated: 279 (25.0%)
  • Partially vaccinated: 51 (4.6%)
  • Fully vaccinated: 788 (70.4%)

Past week, cases per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Jan. 17-23)

• Not vaccinated: 396.9
  • Partially vaccinated: 200.0
  • Fully vaccinated: 236.1

Past two weeks, cases hospitalized per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Jan. 10-23)

• Not vaccinated: 71.0
  • Partially vaccinated: 40.9
  • Fully vaccinated: 16.9"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note- the vaccines are not as effective against Omi as they were against Delta- but still offer some protection.

So if you go back to before Omi- the difference between vaxxed hospitalizations and unvaxxed was evwen more pronounced than it is now.

P.S.- An Omi specific vaxx is already being developed.

Very likely going to do to Omi what the current vaxxes are doing to Delta.

Believe me, i am on the correct side of the fence in regards to everything, I haven't collected a dollar of cerb and worked the entire pandemic, I've done my part.  But as long as we regardless of vax or not, can still get and spread it. I don't think its justified to strictly point the finger at those 10%. 

That crazies protest looks like a cfl cup parade, Sure as hell not 10% of our population out there. Not too many of that 10% are crazy. Plus i'd imagine just based off the couple people i know who can't get the vaxx, That would add alot into the unvaxxed number, No?